• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colt’s Dragoons!?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From AK.
I can't believe just buying cap, ball and powder requires license to carry credentials!

Join and call the Gun Owners Action League ( GOAL ) and if they do not know they can put you in touch with the NRA rep that will know. I am on the Cape and shoot at Bass River Rod and Gun Club in Yarmouthport. Soory you came to Ma. The gun laws here suck. Where did you come from?

From AK.
I can't believe just buying cap, ball and powder requires license to carry credentials!
Not for the pistol or rifle, most stores ( on line or out of state businesses ) will ship it to a home address. Some will not. Yes for Powder and ammo. Just need to show, it not recorded yet, lol.
Hardly anyone sells black powder, that needs a long ride or an online retailer.

Boston Bill,

Anything interesting going on shooting wise on the Cape late July through first week of Aug? I will be there then.

To keep this on track, which of the Colt BP series Dragoons were actually Colt made? I have heard different stories but would love to find one actually finished at the under the dome in Hartford.

The Whitneyville Hartford Dragoon (sometimes referred to as the Transition Model) used Walker frames/grip assemblies left over from the Whitney production in Colt's new Hartford plant. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Models were strictly Colt.

Back