Colorado Rondys

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

blackhorse

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to attend more rendezvous here in Colorado, anyone point me in the right direction

blackhorse

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I belong to the SPVHS and have on and off for several years, Great people at the fort

Reaction score
Shoot today was fun, I really enjoyed being out of the house and being around other people. Since COVID hit, I've focused on my students and providing for their classroom needs.

Last night at 7:00 pm, I got my 1st COVID shot, woke up at 3::00 in the morning with a very sore shoulder, my lower back was killing me and my legs were simply numb. So rough start to the day.

We arrived on location at the range at 10:45, shooting started at 11:00. I haven’t shot my gun in soooo long, I was looking forward to benching my gun at 100 yards, and dialing her in.

NOPE...Linda would have none of it. I got signed up, as did my dad.

Shooting went to 25 shooters, I was number 15.

At the pistol station, you had 3 shots, at a heart at 20 yards. Scoring only hits for today’s shoot, so 3 points possible. I did not bring a pistol, cuz I wasn't planning to participate...I was planning on shooting my gun and getting it dialed in. I hit the heart all 3 times, 2 shots touching and one about 1/2 inch low. I was pleased, those loner pistols were well sighted.

At 25 yards, we shot at small steel swing targets; targets...2 shots at each. I hit only twice, it was going to be a long day.

At 50 yards there were again 3 targets. I hit the small Buffalo twice, and then never touched another target.

At 100 yards, there was a group of 3 targets, and then there was an elk you had to hit twice in the vitals and a turkey gong at 75 yards. 10 shots total...I was close, no but no cigar. Very depressing, a year ago this would have been a cake walk...shooting is a diminishing skill, Mine has diminished away precipitously.

By now, my arm was jelly, and I was running a fever and had the chills. So yeah, hard to shoot a flintlock under those conditions. I had to stop and sat out the last round of shooting, the tomahawks and fire making.

Got home by 2:45, cleaned my gun, put stuff away, took my wife to get take out for dinner...came home and died on the couch. Hopefully they will be respectful when they move the body.

...yup, I got some work to do to get into my normal shooting condition. Sad...

Reaction score
The Tallow River Trappers will be holding the Frozen Toes Rendezvous this coming weekend.

I'm going to day trip. I'll spend Saturday morning at the range working on 100 yards with my Southern Poor Boy...then wander through the doins.

Reaction score
Nothing officially scheduled for the range this weekend...

I'm going to go out in the morning and shoot a couple guns tomorrow. Should be a nice sunny day, probably a bit chilly, but nothing to bad.

Enjoy Your Saturday.

Reaction score
Had a solid good time out at the range today shooting black powder.

Day started off overcast and cold. I was working on my .45 calibre. It’s just not shooting very well. I've worked on my hold and follow through...but the gun will not shoot under a 3 or 4 inch group at 25 yards.

I will now replace the rear site and see how that goes...I've messed with this gun off and on for 6 , may be 7 years. So frustrating.

But I did enjoy my time outside, and even a bad frustrating day of shooting is better than a day doing anything else.

Miday that sun came out, temp went up about 8 to 10 degrees. Shooting didn't improve much, but it was more comfortable.

I think I'll start shooting my .32 for a bit, enjoy some success for a week or two and then pick up that danger .45 and try again.

Reaction score
So I've been having problems with my .45 calibre...cannot get that gun to group under 4' at 25 yards. I was actually starting to think it was me.

I have a Dixie .32 Calibre Tennessee Mountain Rifle that I picked up several years ago and never shot it. Took it to the range and sighted it in, gun shoots beautifully, both offhand and from the bench.

So...Nope Not Me. What the heck is wrong with that .45...I've never had a gun give me such fits trying to get it to shoot.

Bighorserider

40 Cal
Reaction score
Went to the Ft Lancaster Rendezvous in Fort Lupton this weekend. Friendly bunch of people.

Latest posts