• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

COLORADO REDUCES LICENSES!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 53891

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This is all part of Bidens plan to eliminate hunting in certain states! And since our gay governor is a vegetarian, well, you see the results!!
I've lived here in the mountains of Colorado for over 30 years and last winter was no better or worse than any other, and no reduction was ever instituted.
As a matter of fact, I've seen more deer & elk this spring on my property than in the last few years. Most of what is in the article is full of lies, typical of Democrats running the state (into the ground)! This was not the worst winter in 70 years! About 20 years ago the snow was so bad up in the NW Colorado area, that roofs of cars were caving in at the dealerships and private homes!! Here;s the article folks.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife reduces big-game hunting licenses and shortens season dates due to extreme winter conditions

It’s all part of a plan. Colorado wants to keeps the mountains safe for skiers and hikers. And appease the seasonal residents from LA . Can’t have mean guys with guns running around scaring the tree huggers……

It’s all part of a plan. Colorado wants to keeps the mountains safe for skiers and hikers. And appease the seasonal residents from LA . Can’t have mean guys with guns running around scaring the tree huggers……
Unfortunately you are correct. This Country is going to hell fast and furious! As divided as it is it will never come back.

This is all part of Bidens plan to eliminate hunting in certain states! And since our gay governor is a vegetarian, well, you see the results!!
I've lived here in the mountains of Colorado for over 30 years and last winter was no better or worse than any other, and no reduction was ever instituted.
As a matter of fact, I've seen more deer & elk this spring on my property than in the last few years. Most of what is in the article is full of lies, typical of Democrats running the state (into the ground)! This was not the worst winter in 70 years! About 20 years ago the snow was so bad up in the NW Colorado area, that roofs of cars were caving in at the dealerships and private homes!! Here;s the article folks.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife reduces big-game hunting licenses and shortens season dates due to extreme winter conditions
Do you live in the north west part of Colorado were the license reductions are taking place? Reducing tags based on high winter mortality is nothing new. I’m glad to see your saying it’s not as bad as they are reporting.
Looks like the state of Colorado is still issuing over a quarter million licenses for big game this year. Looks like Biden has a lot of work to do to eliminate hunting in Colorado.

It's not going to be Biden that ends hunting in Colorado, it's all the left-wing transplants moving in, they screwed up the sates they left and now are screwing Colorado. You know all those evil red necks with guns killing the poor creature's type of thing. You'll be required to turn in your guns, stop drinking beer. buy some snow skis and drink mocha lattes from Starbucks.

I've been hunting and paying attention to license allocations for a long time. Most, not all of my observations are based on PA numbers. There have been fluctuations over the years in many areas where licenses are issued by allocation. They have also placed bag limits in different management units where license #'s aren't a factor. Most quotas are in place thru wildlife number studies conducted by state wildlife agencies. This is true for most but probably not all states. To my knowledge the few wildlife that is managed by the federal gov't are migratory birds and endangered species, perhaps I've missed some but the point is that the feds don't interfere with state game quotas in most instances.
I don't know how the CO game commission is funded but in PA the game commission is 100% funded thru license sales and the fed tax on ammo etc (when we get it) . There is no money that comes from state taxes. All states should be like that to keep them independent from state legislature interference.

I live in western Wyoming and it’s no joke here. There are very few antelope that survived. Every year I have a sizable herd on my property, and I have zero this year. They are usually all over the place on the surrounding landscape and this year I have seen about 7 roaming around and no fawns. We got slammed last winter. I pass a certain hill once a week for work and it has as far as I can count 56 dead antelope on it. It’s really a sad situation..

I live in western Wyoming and it’s no joke here. There are very few antelope that survived. Every year I have a sizable herd on my property, and I have zero this year. They are usually all over the place on the surrounding landscape and this year I have seen about 7 roaming around and no fawns. We got slammed last winter. I pass a certain hill once a week for work and it has as far as I can count 56 dead antelope on it. It’s really a sad situation..
I have a friend that guides in Wyoming. He sent me some videos this last spring as he was doing scouting. 67 elk, 142 pronghorn, and 120 mule deer in 4 days.

NW area was as bad if not worse than the Gunnison country back some years. License numbers had to be reduced there and things bounced back. When snow is starving them the highway kill goes way up too.

Anyway, polis has nothing to do with License allocations. It's one of the few major decisions that is made upon biological recommendations by CPW personnel. And it's done quickly just before the limited License draw when they have a clear picture of the damage

Polis and his husband probably didn't know anything about it until they read the news article.

I've been hunting and paying attention to license allocations for a long time. Most, not all of my observations are based on PA numbers. There have been fluctuations over the years in many areas where licenses are issued by allocation. They have also placed bag limits in different management units where license #'s aren't a factor. Most quotas are in place thru wildlife number studies conducted by state wildlife agencies. This is true for most but probably not all states. To my knowledge the few wildlife that is managed by the federal gov't are migratory birds and endangered species, perhaps I've missed some but the point is that the feds don't interfere with state game quotas in most instances.
I don't know how the CO game commission is funded but in PA the game commission is 100% funded thru license sales and the fed tax on ammo etc (when we get it) . There is no money that comes from state taxes. All states should be like that to keep them independent from state legislature interference.

Latest posts

Back