• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colonial pistol progress

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This project has been in progress for a long time. Too long!! I spent a few hrs on it last night!
upload_2019-6-5_9-17-13.jpeg

I’m pretty happy with the results so far! Still a long way to go!!

The inletting looks great. The grain in the stock looks outstanding ! Good luck with your project ! :cool:

Nice work. That looks like a lefty?!

You noticed correctly!! It was a lock I had for my son. But where he is he can’t get real black powder so I will build him a cap gun instead. Figured on a pistol the side the lock was on didn’t matter. It’s all for fun anyway!!

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-23_17-22-27.jpeg
    upload_2019-6-23_17-22-27.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 55
That looks real nice so far. How did you select the grain direction on the grip area when you selected your blank?

Hi,
Looks good so far but I have a strong suggestion. Do not fit or inlet the trigger guard until you have final shaped the handle. Fit the guard to the stock not the stock to the guard.

dave

Back