• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colonel Stoopnagle's Product Labels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enfield58

45 Cal.
Reaction score
All of us have special recipes for our DIY solvents and lubricants for muzzleloading firearms. As with all blackpowder enthusiasts who are bright, young, erudite, scholarly we are not without a sense of humor. Not taken to hubris or vanity, we can be quite jolly company.

If you are like me, your firearms can probably get a little attention at the range from the crowd that loads their rifles from the wrong end. So I like to have a little fun.

I've created a set of labels for the DIY concoctions used into my foray of frontloading amusement makers. For example;

I keep the Murphy's Oil Soap, Alcohol & Peroxide (MAP) solution in a brown bottle but didn't feel like writing MAP on the outside of the container. So I created an amusing label for this marvelous smelling solvent.

IMG_1828.jpg
IMG_1830.jpg

I also use alcohol to clean the frizzen, lock and pan during range sessions with my flintlock rifles and pistols. For the purposes of obscurity, I put a couple drops of yellow food coloring in the alcohol in a hot sauce bottle but affixed a new label.

IMG_1831.jpg
IMG_1832.jpg
IMG_1833.jpg

Like most of you, I use a mixture of beeswax and vegetable oil for the cap & ball lubricant. I pour the molten mixture in the tins that are used to contain airgun pellets and affix a label to the lid.

IMG_0439.jpg

With that in mind attached are labels for everyone to decorate their containers for their DIY concoctions.

Attachments

• Stoopnagle Blackpowder Product Labels.pdf
    853.1 KB · Views: 124
All of us have special recipes for our DIY solvents and lubricants for muzzleloading firearms. As with all blackpowder enthusiasts who are bright, young, erudite, scholarly we are not without a sense of humor. Not taken to hubris or vanity, we can be quite jolly company.

If you are like me, your firearms can probably get a little attention at the range from the crowd that loads their rifles from the wrong end. So I like to have a little fun.

I've created a set of labels for the DIY concoctions used into my foray of frontloading amusement makers. For example;

I keep the Murphy's Oil Soap, Alcohol & Peroxide (MAP) solution in a brown bottle but didn't feel like writing MAP on the outside of the container. So I created an amusing label for this marvelous smelling solvent.

View attachment 46944View attachment 46946

I also use alcohol to clean the frizzen, lock and pan during range sessions with my flintlock rifles and pistols. For the purposes of obscurity, I put a couple drops of yellow food coloring in the alcohol in a hot sauce bottle but affixed a new label.

View attachment 46948View attachment 46949View attachment 46950

Like most of you, I use a mixture of beeswax and vegetable oil for the cap & ball lubricant. I pour the molten mixture in the tins that are used to contain airgun pellets and affix a label to the lid.

View attachment 46953

With that in mind attached are labels for everyone to decorate their containers for their DIY concoctions.
iu

All fun and games till the US EPA fines you for transferring chemicals from their original containers to new ones without proper labeling. OSHA will likely want a word with you as well. Hopefully I can be online the day your nice muzzleloaders get placed in the classifieds for the fire sale in your feeble efforts to come up with attorneys fees, court costs, and overbearing fines.

😁 All in jest!

Great sense of whimsy. Thanks for the chuckles. I hope the non-front stuffers get the humor and that it doesn't solidify their notions of how strange BP shooters are. :)

Jeff

I really like the labels, they are the cats A$$! thanks for sharing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute. I congratulate your sense of humor. But party-pooper me here....I find stuck on labels tend to dry out and come off. I use plain paper written on with a Sharpie and applied with clear Scotch packing tape. Works for me.

Strong work, Col. Stoopnagle! You are an inspiration!

Reminds me of the time some friends showed up at a convivial gathering with a large canister that had a tight-fitting lid, boldly labeled Arachis Hypogaea. This they set on the communal snack table. Reactions ranged from fear to confusion, until those present were advised that this is the "scientific name" for the common peanut.

Best regards,
Notchy Bob

Back