• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Collecting C&B revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, it is a bar hammer, and the double-action trigger cocks/lifts the hammer and rotates the barrel cluster... here are the internals of the 1837 Patent version after I first got it and opened the cover plate:
View attachment 110025
more close-ups of the dirty internals:
View attachment 110026
View attachment 110028

the 1845 patent version is similar
That is pretty amazing. I didn't realize those pepper boxes had double-action triggers, let alone that anything wasn't single-action that early on.

Have you ever had a chance to fire it, or is it not safe enough for that? If you do fire it, you should make a YouTube video of it.

That is pretty amazing. I didn't realize those pepper boxes had double-action triggers, let alone that anything wasn't single-action that early on.

Have you ever had a chance to fire it, or is it not safe enough for that? If you do fire it, you should make a YouTube video of it.

I have fired it, and I just have not uploaded it yet to my YouTube channel... in fact, this specific one will be featured on Fox Nation this coming February 2022 (the original air date of August 2021 got postponed)!

Ditto to everything said about hrt4me's collection. The guns I've salvaged were all in fine condition compared to what you started with! Kudos!

I had just two revolvers when I went to my first gun show in my new home state a couple of years ago. Three hours later I left the gun show about 1,000 bucks lighter but with seven new-to-me BP revolvers. The best score of that day was an Uberti 3rd Model Dragoon with a proof date of 2004. It was new in the box and unfired as I recall. It's a beautiful piece with a fine action, light trigger, perfect timing, and it shoots straight. So, I agree with y'all about this gun as a great choice. @Zulch, I actually see Dragoons come up for sale frequently on Gunbroker. Just keep watching. I'm happy with my Uberti so I won't be competing with you. ;-)

FWIW, the guns I bought at the gun show that day averaged to about $142.86 apiece and even included one cased 1860 Army. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes the black powder gods show me a little favor.
Prior to the 2014 fire, I paid (on average) $50 to $80 for used Brass Framed Colts, and upto $120 for a used Steel framed revolver. I'm not whining about what it costs now, but it stings sometimes thinking about it. As of 12-24-21....my daughter and me have 20 BP revolvers between us here. Sometime I will post a pic....

Unfortunately, I have found guitars to behave very similarly... Merry Christmas!
Guitars.jpg

Latest posts

Back