• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colerain .50 "B" Profile American Heritage Barrel?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacksman45

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the pros and cons of the Colerain .50 caliber 44" B profile American Heritage barrel? This barrel is the lightest weight .50 rifle barrel I have seen going by the description on Track's website, but I was wondering what the downsides would be for a barrel this light? I have heard that barrels with a very thin wall at the waist, which going on the specs in the description of this barrel should be .109" not including the rifling, can "whip" when fired, which negatively effects the accuracy of the rifle. Any thoughts on how much of an issue this is, and would it be better to go with a barrel which is thicker at the waist?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The .50 in my stable has a Rice "B" wgt barrel. That rifle will really shoot regardless whether benchrested or any other position. You should have zero concerns.

Makes up into a really well balanced rifle. Just be careful with the middle tennon dovetail.

I have used that barrel twice now. Seems too thin for a dovetail in the middle so I soldered the lug on.

Back