• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Coins as in inlay

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda given up on the idea, kinda haven't. Probably going to try it out on a scrap piece of wood and see what it looks like when finished.

Only time I used a coin on a gun was to cut out the beaver on the back of a Canadian nickel for a cheakpiece inlay. It has high relief, so itl looked pretty nice.Only a Canadian would gave known where it came from.

I used a genuine, imitation, almost real gold coin in my Hawkin rifle stock.
20211120_154737.jpg

It is called a Racketeer coin. Faked in the 1880 years. I got the idea from Royal Tiger Imports selling of a Italian rifle from Ethiopia. It proved ownership of the rifle by the Emperor of Ethiopia. I got another Italian WWII rifle from RTI with 2 big dings in it. I decided to fill the dents with 2 Ethiopian coins I got off of eBay. I will just glue them in, hide the dings and keep it period collect!
20211120_155026.jpg

Back