• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Coffee or Tea?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drink both. coffee and tea, which one depends on my mood and what's available.
Tea can be made from a thousand things.

Coffee at home and camping or hunting. My campbox has a very old drip coffee maker in it, probably fifty years old. It makes coffee every outdoor morning. I have a special two quart pot that does nothing but heat the water for the drip. At home I have another drip coffee maker and heat water for it with one of those whistle tea pots. Don't love boiled or or perculated coffee.

Re Tea;
Growing up in Blighty we always as bairns drank tea. It was all loose tea back then in the 50's. If tea bags were invented we never saw any.
It was just common place to use loose tea, and we always had tea/leaves in the bottom of the cup. No problem and no thought about it. It was just they way it was!
Strainers and tea-bags must have done countless gipsies out of part of their regular income!

Coffee. Lots of coffee. Elixir of champions.

Sometimes yerba maté with a "German silver" bombilla.
Evening: Always beer. every now and then some wine.

Well look who would have preferred to live without alcohol.
Have you forgotten about wine and mead, both naturally-fermented products that don't require grain...?
99 out of 100 times, I'd rather drink a red wine than beer.

I prefer Arabica beans and don't care much for the robusta ones. If you know **coffee**, then you know there is a difference and what it is.

Turkish coffee, and Vietnamese coffee are two of my favorite caffeine delivery systems. Turkish requires finely ground beans to the point of being powdered, and being slowly brought to a boil three times to develop the characteristic layer of 'krema" on top. It's requires nothing other than the usual coffee boiler and you can make it easily, once you watch someone make it a time or two.

Vietnamese requires a special grounds/filter device, and uses two tsp of straight condensed milk. You get a blast of caffeine from the coffee and a hefty sugar blast from the condensed milk.

I will drink tea, but it depends on the origins and quality of the leaves.

I prefer Arabica beans and don't care much for the robusta ones. If you know **coffee**, then you know there is a difference and what it is.

Turkish coffee, and Vietnamese coffee are two of my favorite caffeine delivery systems. Turkish requires finely ground beans to the point of being powdered, and being slowly brought to a boil three times to develop the characteristic layer of 'krema" on top. It's requires nothing other than the usual coffee boiler and you can make it easily, once you watch someone make it a time or two.

Vietnamese requires a special grounds/filter device, and uses two tsp of straight condensed milk. You get a blast of caffeine from the coffee and a hefty sugar blast from the condensed milk.

I will drink tea, but it depends on the origins and quality of the leaves.
Espresso (not Expresso) is my preferred caffeine a delivery system. Not unusual for me to have 4-6 on weekend days...

Why the need to add anything to either coffee or tea? They are perfectly fine without sugar,sweetners, creamers, lemon or any other "additive".

Why the need to add anything to either coffee or tea? They are perfectly fine without sugar,sweetners, creamers, lemon or any other "additive".

That is very true if you have a good product and it is properly made.

I just roasted up a new batch of coffee the other day and it has zero bitterness.
D-licious.

Additives are how you make mistakes drinkable.

You mentioned the word bitterness. 20 something years ago some inmates at a prison dining hall asked me for my orange peels to put in their coffee pot. They said the peels or egg shells remove the bitterness Any one hear of that?

Good is good, drip, boiled, French press, 90% of my coffee is just coffee. However sweet Turkish, rich cinnamon, soul warming Irish, chickory after a bowl of red beans and rice are all good stuff at times. I don’t want to give up just a good rich tankard of coffee( I drink it by the pint), but I enjoy those others too.
Chocolate coffee stout just has to be the worlds perfect drink 3/5 of the food pyramid.

Back