• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Coffee or Tea?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tea, no milk or cream. Sometimes raw honey to sweeten.

OH The Humanity! :confused:

Tea, properly aged and blended Darleeling with Ceylon, and perhaps some lavender, brewed loose, so that the flavor is not contaminated with the taste of the paper or linen bag. Steeped and not bounced up and down. Poured, and then with with the proper amount of milk and sugar added. Served at 4 p.m.

"Being in the wilderness does not mean one must behave as a savage...."

:D:D:D

LD

Well IF one would call an unmalted, emmer wheat based beverage, using a top fermenting yeast, and without hops "beer"...then I guess so....sure wouldn't pass the Reinheitsgebot law. ;)

LD
Reinheitsegbot law had not yet been written. And if it had the Egyptians had yet not learned to read German. Both Germans and Egyptians were late to the beer field. Antolilians makeng beer a few thousand years befor Egyptians got around to inventing their written language and Mesopotamians useing barley sometime before they could jot a note down. Mesoamericans would make corn beer, :eek: and God only knows what manure we cooked up in the torpedo room one Christmas at sea.
The captain let us pass out one 8 oz cup to everyone onboard. I don’t recall if any one drank it all.

I knew a guy who drank a lot of iced tea, he wound up in the hospital with kidney stones, Doc said it was from drinking iced tea.

Thats what they told my brother-in -law. The stones were the result of too much tea. Never did hear how much is too much though.

Reinheitsegbot law had not yet been written. And if it had the Egyptians had yet not learned to read German. Both Germans and Egyptians were late to the beer field. Antolilians makeng beer a few thousand years befor Egyptians got around to inventing their written language and Mesopotamians useing barley sometime before they could jot a note down. Mesoamericans would make corn beer

Yes, I'm joking with the fact that the archaeologists are using the relatively modern (compared to Ancient Egypt) term "beer" for a fermented grain beverage with top fermenting yeast and no hops. I think we really should be calling what they have been experimenting with by its Egyptian name, heqet or bousa, and not confusing it with what we labeled "beer" from the 16th century, onward to today. Seems to me rather arrogant and lackadaisical on our part....

LD

Last edited:
Yes, I'm joking with the fact that the archaeologists are using the relatively modern (compared to Ancient Egypt) term "beer" for a fermented grain beverage with top fermenting yeast and no hops. I think we really should be calling what they have been experimenting with by its Egyptian name, heqet or bousa, and not confusing it with what we labeled "beer" from the 16th century, onward to today. Seems to me rather arrogant and lackadaisical on our part....

LD
Knew you were joking my answer was tongue in cheek

I think we really should be calling what they have been experimenting with by its Egyptian name, heqet or bousa, and not confusing it with what we labeled "beer" from the 16th century, onward to today. Seems to me rather arrogant and lackadaisical on our part....

LD

"speaking to their audience"

Just make sure your coffee or tea isn't over 140 degrees fahrenheit when you drink it. If you do it increases your chance or throat/esophogeal cancer by 50% or more.

I often saw large hunks of a compressed tea being sold at rendezvous by vendors. Noting the country of origin I never trusted it to be clean and free of nasty 'extras'. Anybody here know much about this stuff? Just curious.

Lapsang Souchow for me, with sugar. I first heard about it when I read Michener's Centennial. Has a smoky flavor, have to find a specialty tea shop to buy it. Not very common. Also like Earl Grey.

Celestial seasonings makes some very tasty teas.
Cameron's also has bulk teas, some are excellent. Found in many grocery stores.

Coffee I buy green from a local roaster and roast it myself. Makes the best coffee.

Once you roast your own coffee and drink it over time you quickly realize how fast the flavor diminishes. Roasted beans last a month tops and once you grind it the water better be warming. That clock runs out very fast.

Back