• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cochran Locks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulvallandigham

Passed On
Reaction score
I have heard a " rumor " from a good source that someone has bought up the tools and equipment, and possibly any remaining stock and is going to make the Cochran locks again. They are suppose to be located in Oklaoma. Any one here have any better information? I have two Cockran flint locks, and a cockran percussion lock, and they have been good locks. I am interested in getting some extra mainsprings, and frizzen springs, and possibly some extra frizzens for these locks, so if this is true, its good news to hear. I chased the guy in Texas who was reported as having bought up the Cochran lock stock and equipment, but other than a PO box, I could never locate the guy.

I can't help you about the Cochran locks but I do ask that you keep on the trail. You've already heard more about than anyone else we know. And, by all means, report back here with some good news. I have one gun with a Cochran lock and it's a dandy.

Here's another who would purchase spare parts for a Cochran flint lock. Please post any information on the new owner.

TC

A couple of years ago, a Mr. Jim Alvey was producing the Cochran kits, but I have been told that recently, people have not been able to get ahold of him, so I don't know.

I bought a Cochran kit from him. I have all the parts...except for the frizzen spring, which I used to repair someone's lock.

How recent a rumor was it. 12 months ago,I heard that Jim still had all of the Cochran stuff under his carport in boxes not wanting to revive the operation because of his divorce.His running buddy was going to get my computer program back from him. I can't reach him either.
I have several locks from him as he used to shoot with the HOTMLC at Brady.

I'll see what I can find out on this end.Don't have Jim's phone number but his buddy Shawn talked to him alot

I sent email to Jim Alvey's buddy and reponse back was that he wasn't for sure but he would ask the next time he talked to Jim. Will post any info I get here to let everybody know.

Back