• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cobb Creek, excellent service

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brokennock

Cannon
Reaction score
If you haven't dealt with Kathy at Cobb Creek Merchants, Cobb Creek - Fine Clothing you are missing out. I've been wanting a cooler, earth tone, waistcoat of F.&I. style to compliment my warm, maroon/burgundy, wool waistcoat for warmer weather hunting and hunting game like turkey that see color.
A few weeks ago I decided to bit the bullet and just order one and use my credit card. I emailed Kathy using her website's contact feature explaining what I was looking for and my size, this was at 03:00 in the morning eastern DLS time, while still at work. By 09:00 in had my 1st response from Kathy. She is in central time. I was looking for brown or something in the tan to brown range. She was out of brown linen, but would order some of I desired. She sent pics of some waistcoat already complete in my size, and some color sample pics of fabric she already had available, after a little back and forth over just a few hours we decided on Cobb Creek making me a waistcoat of "camel" color linen. All on a Sat. morning.

3 days ago I got a phone call from Kathy, 2 weeks after our initial email conversation, that my waistcoat was already shipped and should arrive in a couple days. I hadn't even paid her yet.

Sure enough, yesterday, Thursday, the postal carrier dropped this off,
20200904_002339.jpg20200903_175505.jpg20200903_175515.jpg20200903_175459.jpg

Everything is beautifully done. Quality appears excellent. The only oddity is the pocket buttons. There appears to be button hole stitching on the flaps, but the holes are not cut through and the buttons are sewn to the flap, a friend ordered and received a waistcoat that Kathy had sent me a pic of initially, and his is the same way. I will ask Kathy about it when I email her later.

All in all, no negatives here. A very nice product and excellent customer service.

Another plug for Kathy at Cobb Creek.
Needing another pair of breeches, okay really I need 2 but can wait on the wool ones, as I'm tired of having to remove so many layers to get at the top buttons of my fall fronts when nature calls. A pair of heavy linen fly front breeches will get me through the year.
The maker/vendor I hoped to get wool breeches from is out of the wool I want, and has over 2 months wait on all breeches.
Contacted Kathy, discussed my needs, color preferences, and size/measurements, and she sent me a pair to try. She was concerned that her pattern that gives my correct waist size would have cuffs too small for my calves. If they didn't fit she said she would return the money or make ones that fit.

The breeches arrived very promptly, unlike all of my Amazon orders lately. Well made, and fit great.

She is always so helpful and communicated well throughout the process of getting you what you need.

After the holidays I'll be working with her to get the coat I've been wanting, she doesn't think her stock sizing will fit me correctly. I have no doubts she will get me what I need.

I can’t speek for their customer service as the linen breeches i have of theirs i got off of ebay 2 years ago. But i will say they are very well made and top notch in my books! I do plan at some point to order a few things from them!

I ordered several things from her at two separate times. Each was a call from me - over the phone. We talked about what I wanted and my size. The honesty about that was a little brutal, but I tried to be brave.
One time she had something in stock, the other was custom made. Very quick service, and perfect fits. Her experience with doing this makes her a whiz.

Here's a thought that applies to all our makers and vendors.

I had heard Kathy was cutting back on going to rendezvous, and was not sure she was still doing business. Apparently she is still sewing, I would recommend anyone considering an order to stop waiting and do it.
I'm glad I did. Now I have my favorites that I wear a lot. Appreciating the quality has made me forget the price a long time ago.

Back