• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Clubs in South East Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincaveman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey yall I'm looking for some muzzleloader clubs around hocking county Ohio. I know where some ranges are, but Me and a buddy want to shoot some club matches or silhouettes. Any help is much appreciated

Josh

There is/was a club near Darbyville in Pickaway County called Bill Moose Muzzleloading Gun Club.
I think there is a club over in Chillicothe but they also do Cowboy Action shooting. Then there is the Columbus Muzzleloading Gun Club near the Franklin and Pickaway County line on SR 665, Southwest of Grove City.
Those are the closest ones to you I know of, but there may be others.

Regards, Dave

Google Ohio Muzzleloading Gun Clubs. One in Welston, Columbus, Tiffin, several places. Also by contacting them & some other clubs, you may find guys having some matches on their own & not really Club matches, but just getting together & shooting. :grin:

Hi Josh .... There isn't any clubs in Hocking County at all. I live in Hocking too !! I might recommend checking out the club 'Sons of Liberty' that hails below us in Vinton County. There is a fellow named Larry Zorn who runs the Mould and Gun Shoppe in Jackson. Look up his shop number and give him a call about contacting the club president. The Sons of Liberty is also having an indoor trade faire in January at the Canters Cave Lodge. You can look up the information by finding Canters Cave State Park and click on events. The President of the club will be at the show and you can join at the show if you wish. There is only two traditional shooters in the whole county, Myself and one fellow in Rockbridge. If you shoot a flintlock, that will make three. Traditional muzzleloading is dead in Hocking county .....
Ohio Rusty

The trade fair at Canter's Cave I believe is the weekend of Jan 20 and 21. Haven't been there but hope to this time. Duck season usually has me then but I'm still battling some cancer and haven't gotten out this year for any shooting.
The Sons of Liberty events link

thanks for the help fellas. I also shoot and hunt trad archery, and we have clubs EVERYWHERE. There is a 3-D shoot going on somewhere about every weekend. Most weekends we have 5-6 to choose from. I was kinda hoping for the same thing with MLs :shake:

Josh

Seems like they have a big Rondy at McConnelsville or someplace like that ? every year ? Maybe going to that will find ya some matches in other places ya are not aware of.

:hmm:

"...big Rondy at McConnelsville or someplace like that ? every year ?" Morgan County Rendezvous (although not in Morgan county anymore, but just across the county line on Burr Oak State Park land). June 2- 9 this coming year. We have a great time. My daughter is on the far left in the official Morgan Co. Rendezvous Band.
04mc210.jpg
Here's a web page for more information: [url] www.mctfr.com/[/url]

Dave T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back