• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cleaning wheellock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Italian lock.
1642170563905.png

1642170592349.png

No, I've neither fired nor disassembled it. Bought from C.H. Weiz catalog quite some years ago.

I'm sure that what Rudyard doesn't know about Wheel locks and Match locks would fit on a single Gnat's Testicle..Trust you are well Old Friend.. OLD DOG..
Dear Old Dog Well youve just made my day Ime still chuckling. I am well & trust your the same
Regards Rudyard

If you can troll back through' pre flintlock there' are others some with hunting camps in them not sure if you can do that but see and ile get photos of three here with me I like the last pic its the bridle bearing plate and a supposed Dolfin he was probably given it as Prince or ' Doufan' with it was a small Boys gun
Regards & thank you Rudyard

Last edited:
I havent taken mine apart, just clean around all the parts in place.
I made it about 30 years ago, using a wheel lock I bought from Dixie Gun Works. My pistol is quite crude (I didnt have any gun building experience at all LOL). I kind-of made it up as I went along, referencing several photos from library books. It shoots really well, though : heres a video

Attachments

• wl 7.jpg
    wl 7.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 41
  • wl 4.jpg
    wl 4.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 35
  • wl 1.jpg
    wl 1.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 44
  • wl 6.jpg
    wl 6.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 42
  • wl 8.jpg
    wl 8.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 39
Well you did a nice job The Locks where offered by Navy Arms I know them as a Jacobi lock it has the novel feature of a ball bearing Twix wheel & the Scear nose I think Felt Wad used one of the same locks, they are clearly good value, but didn't sell well at the time.
Regards Rudyard.

I havent taken mine apart, just clean around all the parts in place.
I made it about 30 years ago, using a wheel lock I bought from Dixie Gun Works. My pistol is quite crude (I didnt have any gun building experience at all LOL). I kind-of made it up as I went along, referencing several photos from library books. It shoots really well, though : heres a video

a great job!

Well you did a nice job The Locks where offered by Navy Arms I know them as a Jacobi lock it has the novel feature of a ball bearing Twix wheel & the Scear nose I think Felt Wad used one of the same locks, they are clearly good value, but didn't sell well at the time.
Regards Rudyard.
It's pretty sturdy and seems well made. I wonder of they still make them? I would love trying to make a long gun with one.

Sorry I don,t know if they are available these days .try Google perhaps, No saying but I think they could sell better now as many are more emaginative than they where in the '' Gotta get a Hawken days ''.
Regards Rudyard

Back