• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cleaning question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick_1

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been shooting tripple seven in my pistol and rifle and its dead easy to clean the barrel but I get a really tough varnish build up around the nipple. any tricks to clean that off?
Thanks

I have been shooting tripple seven in my pistol and rifle and its dead easy to clean the barrel but I get a really tough varnish build up around the nipple. any tricks to clean that off?
Thanks
Get a dental pick. I use Pyrodex P and get a harder black fouling in the nipple recesses, which is what that varnish sounds like. I don't scrape at it. Rather, I press the tip of it into the edge of it, and it cracks loose.

Back