Cleaning a flintlock barrel

Discussion in 'Flintlock Rifles' started by Baxter, Mar 7, 2013.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Mar 18, 2013 #21

pargent

pargent

pargent

62 Cal.

Love to see you guys wash a car :rotf: :)

2. Mar 20, 2013 #22

Baxter

Baxter

Baxter

54 Cal. MLF Supporter

Stumpkiller and others, Thank you. I did some "research/reading" and bought some Barricade; seemed a good choice to me. Also ordered a "few" bore mops from TOW - I had used them years ago in my .54 "Hawken style" rifle and liked them a lot better than patches - washable and re-usable and they worked well, especially for their "siphoning" capability in the Hawken with the breech in a bucket of hot, soapy water. Believe that they will work just as well in the flintlock along with the "flintlock flush kit" from TOW and as recommended by the rifle's builder, Kaintuck. The difficult thing is the "what if" but, thanks to the experience of the members here, the odds are that I will do well. Thanks to all. baxter

3. Mar 28, 2013 #23

tljack

tljack

tljack

36 Cal.

baxter, when you get tired of fighting the hose and such. Get a good drift pin and tap those pesky pins out so you can wrestle that mean ole barrel in a bucket of water by itself. The other plus is you can put a nice light coat of oil on the underside of that ole barrel. :wink:

4. Mar 28, 2013 #24

tljack

tljack

tljack

36 Cal.

I drive my Silverado through the car wash! :blah: