• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaning a flintlock barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stumpkiller and others, Thank you. I did some "research/reading" and bought some Barricade; seemed a good choice to me. Also ordered a "few" bore mops from TOW - I had used them years ago in my .54 "Hawken style" rifle and liked them a lot better than patches - washable and re-usable and they worked well, especially for their "siphoning" capability in the Hawken with the breech in a bucket of hot, soapy water. Believe that they will work just as well in the flintlock along with the "flintlock flush kit" from TOW and as recommended by the rifle's builder, Kaintuck. The difficult thing is the "what if" but, thanks to the experience of the members here, the odds are that I will do well. Thanks to all. baxter

baxter, when you get tired of fighting the hose and such. Get a good drift pin and tap those pesky pins out so you can wrestle that mean ole barrel in a bucket of water by itself. The other plus is you can put a nice light coat of oil on the underside of that ole barrel. :wink:

Latest posts

Back