• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Classic muzzleloader photos.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20180803_184033~3.jpg

I dug this pic out of some snap shots. One of my supervisors attended a shoot and took this in 1986. Don't look at the digital watch cuz I never was HC.
Bought the hides from a vendor and took some jeans apart for a pattern. Dunno what I did for the shirt pattern. Soft to the skin, but really not my cup of tea in cold or hot weather. A big beef I have about skins is the fringe hooks on/around everything! NOT SAFE! Rifle is my build, 1" x 44" Douglas Golden Age barrel, with a Hadaway lock. Weighs 10 pounds and my SIL shoots it for his flintlock matches.
Larry
IMG_0185.jpeg

A 70's .53 caliber Santa Fe Hawken rifle with much needed frontier repairs. Photo actually along the Santa Fe trail in southeastern Colorado.
hawkentrail 001.JPG

frankenhawken 001.JPG

Note the iron plate around the lock to repair damage lock mortice. Elk rawhide with buffalo sinew repair of split stock. Still shoots very well.

Joe

Back