• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Classic muzzleloader photos.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roland.jpg

His name is Roland, an older forum member who left long ago. I conversed with him a lot, and always wonder about him

I don't know anything about that particular rifle. It's lost to history, as is the name of both his companion and the dog. I do have his Grandfather's rifle which is a 40 caliber halfstock. It came over the Oregon trail in 1845 and was along on the "lost wagon train" that was guided by Steven Meek. It's what got me started in this game many years ago. My Great Grandfather's name was Hardy Allen. I had the good fortune to have known him before he left in 1954. He was one of the original residents of Sisters, Oregon and was supposedly the first white child born in the Prineville, Oregon area. He was a cattleman in his early days and a blacksmith later. His and my Great Grandmother's house is preserved in Sisters and is now owned by a real estate agent who has done an excellent job of restoring it. I could tell some stories about all that but it's probably off topic for here. Suffice it to say that I had their wedding picture and certificate along with his business log from 1907-09 that I donated to the Sisters Historical Society. Needless to say, they were very happy when I showed up out of nowhere with the articles.
thank you sir I love that history.

Last edited:
.54 track of the wolf hawken . about 12 1/2 pounds . 90 gr load behind a patched round ball . 90 yard shot ( pretty good for me ). picked her up and threw her about ten foot . instant clean kill.

Attachments

• 51499470_10214125211792879_1729095615087902720_n.jpg
    51499470_10214125211792879_1729095615087902720_n.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 0
Back