• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Civil War Smith saddle ring carbine.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frod733

40 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings. I am selling an original civil war Smith saddle ring carbine. This is original with a reproduction barrel. The barrel is aged to match the original gun. Bore is bright, shiny and has sharp rifling Should be excellent for competition and display. Has very nice original government inspector cartouches on stock. Manufacturer markings are present as well.

$975 + shipping and insurance. Will take USPS money order for payment. Might consider trades if interesting. Ask any questions and i will try to answer.

I have had several Smith carbines over the years. They are light, very handy, and great shooters. Smith cartridge tubes are readily available in different configurations. Load just like a modern cartridge and are reuseable.

Attachments

• IMG_2848.JPG
    IMG_2848.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2841.JPG
    IMG_2841.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2840.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2839.JPG
    IMG_2839.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2837.JPG
    IMG_2837.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2836.JPG
    IMG_2836.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 0
awesome. can you tell me if theirs any cracks or issues with the carbine ? can the nipple be easily removed for cleaning ? everything tight ?

I could find no cracks at all. There is the tiniest chip out of buttstock at heel of butt plate. Hardly noticeable. Nipple is easily removed. Action is tight, no rattle at all.

awesome .. i plan on shooting the carbine . Who made the repro barrel ?

It is marked SMJ. I think maybe Jensco. BTW, I have had several Smith carbines over the years. I personally would not hesitate to shoot this, and given the condition of the new bore, it should shoot great.

This carbine is best of both worlds. Makes an excellent shooter, yet 80% original, so could be skirmished with, hunted, or displayed as a sample of CW carbine. If no interest here, will post on other sites.

Hi Frod, Can you ad pics of the Manufacturer markings,
also what's your estimate on shipping and Ins. to Florida Zip 33916.
Thanks,
Tony

Will try to get picts. markings are american machine works and poultney and trimble. Will work on getting a ship price.

Shipping and insurance would be about $50 based upon the USPS calculator. If it worked out any less than that I would refund the difference. Unfortunately, the pictures did not turn out very good. The markings are mostly legible but hard to read in a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back