• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

choked?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I couldn't get decent patterns from my 20 ga. with 3f or 2f, I purchased a can of 1f. this was pre Skychief loading. The 1f tightened my pattern considerably, and there was no noticeable increase in recoil. Boy did it kill the tuna can! Also it was no dirtier than 3f. these are just my observations, yours may be different.

I also am from across the big pond and new to muzzle loading. What I notice about Feltwads posts is that he tends to miss out the magic words. " IN MY OPINION"

The gentleman from Kentucky that has the black powder t v show needs to have a muzzleloading discussion group, like the old “ Donnybrook “ show. With Feltwad, Brit smoothie, and anyone else who wants to be on it.

At least your barrels might not now fall apart because you used WD40 on them! ;)

OK guys, looks like we may get a nice weekend, and I ate my can of tuna so hope to get some penetration tests on 1F and also using SCL (skychief load) with some 2F and see whats up with patterns n cheek whippins. Gonna use a tin too rather than the wads still soaking in a Ziplock (TY Brit).

OK guys, looks like we may get a nice weekend, and I ate my can of tuna so hope to get some penetration tests on 1F and also using SCL (skychief load) with some 2F and see whats up with patterns n cheek whippins. Gonna use a tin too rather than the wads still soaking in a Ziplock (TY Brit).
Did you test how well your face is pressed upon the stock?

Well, I’m going to contribute some empirical evidence to the conversation, so listen up Pilgrims!
Tried the Sky Chief loads a while back. Used olive oil for some and used Hoppe’s black powder lube for some others. Shot the same, no easier cleaning, one to the other. Hoppe’s wasn’t worth the extra expense, in my opinion.
Im re-doing my gun room and cleaning out some of the mess. Found the tin with the Hoppe’s soaked wads and opened it. There was a mass of green fungus/mold/alien life form filling the tin. Threw it in the garbage can and taped the lid shut on the can. Not using that stuff for wad oil no more!!!

Back