• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

children of the 70s....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2bp

40 Cal
Reaction score
So this particular sub-form has twinged my subconscious memories of something I remember reading as a very small kid in the 70s.... And now I'm wondering how many of you read this and ended up with the cannons because of it...

Anyone else remember Drummer Hoff? Video w/ book read along at

General Border gave the order
Major Scott brought the shot
Captain Bammer brought the rammer
Sargent Chowder brought the powder
Corporal Farrel brought the barrel
Private Parriage brought the carriage
But Drummer Hoff fired it off

Bye the 70s the only thing I was reading was a lensatic compass and topo maps too direct fire support, I guess that counts as it was usually in coming from 105 howitzers, and perhaps some bird poop from a occasional phantom. Can that count.

I was already in the work force - but - I do remember this from my younger brothers and sisters.
There is a considerable spread when you have 6 siblings and you are #2.
People did not used to be such touchy feely limp wristers about guns, cannons and farts back in the day....
I don't think my grandkids will ever have such great memories as those that came from my childhood days.

Back