• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Chiefs grade NSW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradCayton

40 Cal
Reaction score
I shot the NSW Chief grade again this evening with round ball. I’ve been tweaking my RB load and used the same target. 80 grains of 3F, a lubed felt was and a .595 round ball patched with .010 denim. At 75 yards as I used in my 50 yard the other day. I’m very happy with the 3 shot group at 75. 49D0E9A8-D72C-449C-A6DE-F8CE8C297D98.jpegAbout 3” at 75 yards. I then shot my shot load at 30 yards. 75 grains of 3F,a nitro card, a lubed felt wad and an 1 1/8 ounce mixed 5s and 7s of shot at 30 yards. It was an aluminum can but filled with water( I’m out of soup cans). Pretty satisfied with this

Attachments

• 96526A62-E999-4A67-91B4-33163E7CED50.jpeg
    96526A62-E999-4A67-91B4-33163E7CED50.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I shot the NSW Chief grade again this evening with round ball. I’ve been tweaking my RB load and used the same target. 80 grains of 3F, a lubed felt was and a .595 round ball patched with .010 denim. At 75 yards as I used in my 50 yard the other day. I’m very happy with the 3 shot group at 75. View attachment 196732About 3” at 75 yards. I then shot my shot load at 30 yards. 75 grains of 3F,a nitro card, a lubed felt wad and an 1 1/8 ounce mixed 5s and 7s of shot at 30 yards. It was an aluminum can but filled with water( I’m out of soup cans). Pretty satisfied with this
Good job ! See ! People don't believe me ! You gotta try but many times these smooth bores will surprise you will their accuracy . Unlike the hand forged barrels of old , these modern barrels are damn straight and do pretty good . Not all of them but most so you have to try them at different ranges and see what loading combo they like too. Great job !

I shot the NSW Chief grade again this evening with round ball. I’ve been tweaking my RB load and used the same target. 80 grains of 3F, a lubed felt was and a .595 round ball patched with .010 denim. At 75 yards as I used in my 50 yard the other day. I’m very happy with the 3 shot group at 75. View attachment 196732About 3” at 75 yards. I then shot my shot load at 30 yards. 75 grains of 3F,a nitro card, a lubed felt wad and an 1 1/8 ounce mixed 5s and 7s of shot at 30 yards. It was an aluminum can but filled with water( I’m out of soup cans). Pretty satisfied with this
Are you using the wool wonder wads by chance.walt

Hi Walt, I punch my wads out of a sheet of durofelt I ordered from them a few years back. I used Stumpys moose snot for lube. I can shoot all I want with ball or shot using the wads and lube and no issues with fouling

Back