• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chestnut mug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohio ramrod

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I made a mug for a man with terminal cancer from a limb of a chestnut tree that his father had planted. It definitely is a "one of a kind" since chestnut trees are long gone. It will fit right in at rendezvous.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 212
The problem with a mug from one piece of wood is if it dried out it's likely to crack or split someplace, so one has to keep some liquid in it.

WAIT..., a mug that must contain beverage at all times...., NOT a problem. Brilliant!

(All joking aside that's a nice bit of work)

LD

Very nicely done indeed. đź‘Ť
Somewhat off topic but the Chestnut Blight is an interesting although tragic story.
Chestnut was an excellent wood and food available for our use historically, from Crib to Coffin,,
Only to be all but wiped out in just 40yrs,,

very nice, I hope that he can bring it to a VOU, and enjoy it? that is a great thing that you did for him!!

Latest posts

Back