• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cherry wood renagade stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ding-dong the witch is dead. Hahahahaha. He has poisoned so many forums & ruined things for a lot of good people in the process.

This can also be done by steaming the brown rust.

Well sorry that he is gone and we won't be seeing the pics but this little nugget above is a revelation for me. I have always wanted to boil one to black but don't have the set up to do it. Steaming may be the answer.

Thanks for the info!

I, for one, am sorry to see him go. He shared a lot of good, first hand experience, as well as other interesting accounts he had read.
Some folks have a short fuse, are overly sensitive to criticism or, I sometimes suspect, have gone off their medication. But I have cheerfully put up with a lot worse members than BHB, (even reported one or two to the moderators or Claude), because they had a lot of knowledge freely shared, if you could ignore the slings and arrows.

Anyway, most everyone can sit at my fire; if you smell too awful bad, you'll have to sit downwind.

Richard/Grumpa

He was amusing sometimes, but not always. My feelings are that he couldn't be trusted, so while he might have said some good things, I don't know if to believe most of them. His credibility flew out the window for me with the beech looking like best grade stocks, when he posted the pictures of a kit pistol that looked awful and the parts didn't fit properly. This after touting his custom rifle claims. His special finishing method of making beech look like the finest grade other woods looked like a rank beginner to me.

Some folks have a short fuse, are overly sensitive to criticism or, I sometimes suspect, have gone off their medication.

Anyway, most everyone can sit at my fire; if you smell too awful bad, you'll have to sit downwind.

Richard/Grumpa

You just very accurately described blackhillsbob right there. On all counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back