Cherry canoe paddles

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

ZUG

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Nicely done -- when I was around 13 - 14 years old I made two canoe paddles - one for me and one for my cousin which we use to "borrow" some guy's row boat at the local pond. We took that boat all over the lake but always put it back where we found it:ghostly:.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A cedar strip canoe or kayak is definitely on my bucket list for upcoming projects. Nice work on the paddles.

PathfinderNC

Artist
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful work. When I was living in the Philippines in a village in Palawan I had a banka boat (single pontoon outrigger canoe)
I carved a beautiful paddle out of rock/hard Nara wood as I recall. It was gorgeous. But it was so dense it sank 🤣

markh

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful work. When I was living in the Philippines in a village in Palawan I had a banka boat (single pontoon outrigger canoe)
I carved a beautiful paddle out of rock/hard Nara wood as I recall. It was gorgeous. But it was so dense it sank 🤣
Yeah that must have been pretty dense wood!

Rawhide67

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Cherry makes a beautiful paddle. Several years ago, the wife bought me a ticket to a class at the Adirondack museum in Blue Mountain Lake NY. I spent the day carving a paddle from a nice piece of cherry, under the watchful eye of the instructor. Most relaxing day I've had in years.

Can't bring myself to put the thing in the water so it hangs on the wall with my muzzleloaders. Hopefully you use yours.