• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Checking in from SC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travisj

Pilgrim
Reaction score
New to the site and wanted to say hi. Just picked up my first flintlock and am looking for a place to learn a little more, well a lot more about it. Never fired one but I can't wait to start and am looking forward to meeting a lot of new people as well. Travis.

I'm new here also. In my short time here, I sure have learned alot! Great people on here...WELCOME!

Whereabouts are you Travis? We have several flintlock enthusiasts in the Columbia area.

Okay ,if I read your post right, you just got a flinter and havent shot it yet...Well you still got a fighting chance.. NO, go ahead and suffer from the same flintlock addiction so many of us have on here... load her up, get a good sharp flint.. fill up the pan. and let her rip.. Then read the flintlock shooting tips if you happen to flinch. No,It will go away with experience.. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks again everyone. I picked up a Traditions flintlock from a feller that was in need of money and wanted to unload it. The rifle was already assembled but still hasn't been fired. I got the rifle, flint, leather, pan punch, GOEX FFFg, 4F, 100 round balls, 100 TC pillow ticking patches and a bottle of #10 copper cutter all for $100. I have no idea how to use any of it. It's been about 20 years since I have shot a BP anything but I figured for the price I couldn't pass it up. So that's why I'm here, to learn how to do it correctly and most importantly, safely. I'm an avid shooter just ready to learn something new.

Welcome to the MLF Travis! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. Pull up a stump and join us at the fire and let the addiction begin.

Back