• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Check your wally world..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2bp

40 Cal
Reaction score
CCI #11s on the shelf (yay!) and all the fake powders plus tons of pellets etc available if you bend that way (not that there is anything wrong with using pellets or fake powder, its just how some folk are made...)

Well alrighty then. Thats a bit ridiculous IMHO, but, hey, to each his own huh.

Yeah, have to be cautious here as things tend to lean towards the much more traditional direction. I reserve my curmudgeon-ness for things related to computing, and I'm just as likely to go shoot my .54 percussion this weekend as I am to go meet up wtih a buddy and shoot his NFA goodies. Or maybe both.

If substitute powder is all you have it should work in most any percussion rifle but will be a headache in a flintlock. The idea is to have what you need to keep shooting regardless what I or anyone else prefers.
Exactly, thank you for your post. I absolutely can't stand that kind of narrowminded thinking & the childish names some use for guns they don't like or powders they don't like, ie; calling guns abominations & abortions & unmentionables & fake powder. Its really ridiculous to see grown men acting like this & thinking like this.

Exactly, thank you for your post. I absolutely can't stand that kind of narrowminded thinking & the childish names some use for guns they don't like or powders they don't like, ie; calling guns abominations & abortions & unmentionables & fake powder. Its really ridiculous to see grown men acting like this & thinking like this.

I don't disparage any type of shooting as long as it is done safely and sanely. Can't say the same for some of the other folks here who have responded to my posts...

I was at the Walmart in Paris, Texas this morning. They didn't have diddly for muzzleloader stuff.
There are some folks that can't get real black powder for whatever reason, so subs are their only option.
I'm fortunate enough to have a good supply of black but I do shoot Triple 7 in at one of my sidehammer guns. I find that it works pretty well, actually.

Some of us drive Fords because we can't afford Caddy's, shoot Traditions because we can't afford the hand built guns, and use the other powders because the black isn't available. Funny thing is we end up where we want to go, and have fun shooting at stuff. That's all that matters. Some folks just make a big deal out of nothing.

Some of us drive Fords because we can't afford Caddy's, shoot Traditions because we can't afford the hand built guns, and use the other powders because the black isn't available. Funny thing is we end up where we want to go, and have fun shooting at stuff. That's all that matters. Some folks just make a big deal out of nothing.
Yup, use what you have and enjoy doing it.

Back