• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cheapest source of powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

himem777

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Where can I find the Cheapest source of powder. Real or sub, 3f. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Go to PowdersInc.com thats where I get mine, they have Swiss,Goex and KIK powders. Many other's here get thier powder from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will always be cheaper to order it, even with the haz-mat and shipping charges plus they deliover right to your door. You will have to order a min. of 5 pounds but you're still better off. Also, get yourself some real black powder not some sub if you order it. Several friends and I got together and had enough for a 25 pound order and the cost per pound of Goex was a little over $13. Check around your area and see if there are any other black powder shooters that might be able to go in with you because the more you buy the lower the price. Be sure that you collect all the money up front before placing the order and distribute everyone's powder as soon as you can after it arrives.

Wow! I can get piro P at my local Ace hardware for $15 a LB. With shipping Powder Inc can not touch that. I was looking to buy some in bulk for JIC back up, and thought I could find it cheaper than that.

I prefer real black, but looks like I can not find it as cheep as the local Ace, or Sportsman's. :idunno:

Matchlock72 said:
Wow! I can get piro P at my local Ace hardware for $15 a LB. With shipping Powder Inc can not touch that. I was looking to buy some in bulk for JIC back up, and thought I could find it cheaper than that.

I prefer real black, but looks like I can not find it as cheep as the local Ace, or Sportsman's. :idunno:

Why should a better powder be cheaper?

Pyro is not BP.

My brother, in florida, just filled an order for his club members. 25 lb. case delivered to his door, tax, shipping and Haz mat fees included at $13.96 per lb. from Powder, inc. The cheapest price you can get, unless you are a licensed dealer, is that at the moment.

There are some "store powders" available if you can walk in and buy them, that will cost less, but buying in bulk will save you money, too. Most of us don't live near, nor can afford to drive to these distributors to take advantage of those prices.

Check out Jack's Powder Keg. Jacks Battle Powder goes for $11/lb for 25# order. It got very good reviews in Muzzleloader mag. I plan making it my next order.

So..........has anyone tried this "Jacks Battle Powder" I already have 10 lbs of Goex cartridge I don't need so don't really want to get something else I can't use...
Macon

JACKS sounds like what I am looking for. I do not prefer Pirodex, I do not have access to any other.

11.70 a lb for goex from my skirmish group. .50 cents a lb for pure lead. :blah:

No need for you to change; your price is fine. JBP is my next order. Won't be for a number of months, though; I still have several pounds of Goex left from my last order.

Wow some Ace stores you have there. Hmm since I'm in Texas now I should see if they have it. Really want real stuff nut the best I'm finding is 25 a pound and ordering 25 pounds aint gonna the happen. Wife said -Bleep- no..lol

I know this has been said before, but I really wish some of us who live fairly close to each other could get together on an order to save us all a bit of money. I'm near Waco, TX if anyone's interested in trying to set something up like this. I'm another one of those that cant do 25+ lbs at a time, but 5-10 is usually doable.

Thats like 2 hours from me. Not too bad. A couple pounds is doable here. Lot of it is a pain to keep in an apartment.

I ordered 10 pounds of 2F KIK from Powder Inc July1 and I got it yesterday the 5th fast shipping for a holiday weekend.It cost me $156.40 it was 11 something a pound plus shipping and darn Haz-Mat charge.It would of been alot cheaper per pound if I had ordered 25 pounds because Haz-mat would of been the same either way. I had never tried KIK so ordered less of it. Tried it today in a 16ga. smoothbore I like it in it. will try to get to range tomorrow to shoot some threw some rifles and see how it does . This was the first time I have ordered powder threw the mail and I'm very satisfied with doing business with powder inc got tracking# and was shipped when He said he would. I called them to order

Things really have changed. When I was a youngster I'd just go to the local hardware store and buy my black powder. Of course in those days we bought our shotguns and Winchester M94s there as well.

Heyoka said:
Lot of it is a pain to keep in an apartment.
The safest place for a few pounds is in your freezer. Your local fire regulations may limit things, though.

Regards,
Joel

Back