• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cheap loading stand/range box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozark57

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I built this out of scrap with a cost of less than $20. The fold out "lid" is to hold acc. and my rifle range rod as I have an interface to mount the box on my deck rail where I shoot.I glued tool box liner scrap where the pistol contacts the stand. Mostly scrap 1x10 pine and some ash.It's been really functional.
DSC00544.jpg
DSC00548.jpg
DSC00554.jpg

Nice work. I'm accustomed to using an old .50 cal can or the 120mm mortar wood crate for my range box. I'd bet you could easily sell those for some decent profit.

I like that box. A place for everything, and, everything in its place. :thumbsup:

Now that is an awesome range box sir.

I now know which range box/loading stand I will be making.

i would like one, i'll even send you the wood. fanatic work. im a drool-'n :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :bow:

How much would you have to have to make a guy one of those. I haven't got a way to make one of those myself.

vthompson said:
How much would you have to have to make a guy one of those. I haven't got a way to make one of those myself.
I'm sorry, I just don't have time. I built it all with a cheap cordless skill saw and a $10 jigsaw. Used sheetrock screws to put it together.You should be able to duplicate it pretty easy.

ozark57 said:
I built this out of scrap with a cost of less than $20. The fold out "lid" is to hold acc. and my rifle range rod as I have an interface to mount the box on my deck rail where I shoot.I glued tool box liner scrap where the pistol contacts the stand. Mostly scrap 1x10 pine and some ash.It's been really functional.
DSC00544.jpg
DSC00548.jpg
DSC00554.jpg
Nice box,You wouldn't happen to have some larger pics you could send me would you? Maby some dimensions ?

Pretty slick Ozark. I'm working on a range box right now, but, it's not nearly as well thought out as yours is.

fredrader said:
Nice box,You wouldn't happen to have some larger pics you could send me would you? Maby some dimensions ?

+1

Dimensions would be fantastic, I need to build one of these :thumbsup:

This is a fantastic design. I have been searching on line for months for just the right range/loading box. I am drawing up your design to fit my needs now. :metoo:

Pretty slick. I'd often thought of making one like this. The fold out lid is pretty clever. I'd also thought of putting a pair of lined and padded folding leaves that butterfly upwards to grip the barrel as it is pushed down as a way to relieve pressure on the grip when ramming a ball home.

I really like this box :bow: --- I think I will make two - one for my brother for Christmas :v

I like your design but it doesn't hold nearly enough to contain all the stuff you will be needing for a day at the range.
This is a range box made and used in conjunction with a loading stand. One to haul all the manure you need for a day of shooting, the other for loading safely. There is a box length square profile oak handle off set just under the shot gun but is hard to see.
The bottom sits on top two box length hyfax snow machine skids to keep the bottom wood out of the dirt.

Back