• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Cheap cap & ball revolver kit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a cheap revolver kit, I really don't mind which models. I'd like a kit that needs some work, not just the ones where the steel is blued and you just polish it. Are there any where you need to draw file the barrel and fit the parts.

I seen a nice uberti walker kit but it was over $350 and I think the steel parts were blued.

I only ever used steel guns, I guess brass is fine I don't plan to shoot lot loads.

I haven't looked at revolver kits for a long time but they used to come blued to prevent rust. I'm sure all the revolver kits out there need work since all the off the shelf finished revolvers need work. I've only had one kit and that was many many years ago but it required fileing the barrel, frame and grip straps, fitting the grips and finishing them and of course tuning all the internals. The cost of the kit was appealing (I was planning some major mods during the build) but if I were going to build it stock I would just go out and buy a finished gun.

Looking for a cheap revolver kit, I really don't mind which models. I'd like a kit that needs some work, not just the ones where the steel is blued and you just polish it. Are there any where you need to draw file the barrel and fit the parts.

I seen a nice uberti walker kit but it was over $350 and I think the steel parts were blued.

I only ever used steel guns, I guess brass is fine I don't plan to lot loads.
I have a new in the box CVA 1861 Colt revolver kit /44 cal 454 Round ball (KA623) ready to assemble 175.00 plus 20.00 shipping .Been on the shelf forever /brass frame can email photos if needed /Thanks Ed

Get one ready to shoot. Price is not that much different. Disassemble it, give it a debur, polish and lube.
IMO brass frame ok if you stay with 36 cal. Have seen lots of 44 cal brass stretch in my time. I only have one in 44 just because I got a good deal but was able to trade out a steel frame from a 36.
I suggest looking in pawn shops. I've got several at really good price and all were like new. Last one was a Pietta colt 44, 5" barrel for $150. Never fired.
Cabelas has good selection and pretty good prices. If you are new to it I recommend the Remington 1858 44cal.

Get one ready to shoot. Price is not that much different. Disassemble it, give it a debur, polish and lube.
IMO brass frame ok if you stay with 36 cal. Have seen lots of 44 cal brass stretch in my time. I only have one in 44 just because I got a good deal but was able to trade out a steel frame from a 36.
I suggest looking in pawn shops. I've got several at really good price and all were like new. Last one was a Pietta colt 44, 5" barrel for $150. Never fired.
Cabelas has good selection and pretty good prices. If you are new to it I recommend the Remington 1858 44cal.
I have a new uberti 58 but my dad kinda took dibs on that one, thing shoots good to.

I wish pawn shops were like that here, they put 2x retail here just in hopes a person guys a gun that does not know better. Thanks on the info about brass, that's pretty much what I remember guys saying.

Back