• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Charles Moore pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need pictures! :)

A Pedersoli Moore pistol in flintlock is on the short list for me.

Can you describe any flaws that you can see? How is the rifling? Is it rough or too sharp?

I once bought a Pedersoli Navy Moll that came with very rough rifling and several other problems. I returned it for a refund and have been wary of any more Pedersoli pistols. I do have a smoothbore Harper's Ferry from them that is most excellent, but even with that gun I had to reject the first specimen they sent me and I explicitly asked the shop (Dixie Gun Works) to inspect the next pistol they sent, the one I now own.

The flint lock is smooth bore, and it is mirror like.
When I look down the bore with a light, all I see is a big nose looking back :hmm:
The percussion bore is rifled and in the same condition as the flint, but the nose is distorted ???
Both barrels have a blue/black satin finish, lock, nose cap, and trigger guard are color case hardened.
Sadly the Pedersoli name, model number, proof marks, and black powder only are etched on the upper left oblique flat. Bummer!
I may remove the finish and leave it white, OR satin brown the barrels.
:idunno:
I do subscribe to Imagur pictures, however I have had no luck posting pictures here. I'm a clutz!
Have a great day!
Fred

Back