• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Charles Daly Manufacturers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BE Wild Willy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've seen that some are made in Italy and others made in Spain. Who manufactured these guns and what are the differences in quality?

Thanks ...BEWW

A friend had one years ago. It seemed to be a well made gun. It was a Hawken type and said Charles Daley on it. Larry

As far as I know, all Charles Daly offerings have the Charles Daly logo, but there is no Charles Daly factory. I have a CD 12 ga auto shotgun, but it was made in Turkey.

As Wick said, they don't make anything, they find certain products and have their logo put on them and sell accordingly. As a general rule, they were supposed to pick better grade goods so if their name is on it then the item ought to be okay.

This has been my experience too. My father's favorite hunting gun is a CD that resembles a TC Hawken or CVA St. Louis Rifle in style and mounts. He picked it up new back sometime in the early '80's and it is indeed an Investarms.

Very accurate shooter and on par with TC in quality and above the CVA.

Enjoy, J.D.

I have a percussion Hawken style that is an Italian Investarm.

Lots of parts will swap with my Lyman Plains rifle or TC Hawken

Mad Professor said:
I have a percussion Hawken style that is an Italian Investarm.

Lots of parts will swap with my Lyman Plains rifle or TC Hawken
thanks for bringing this up!

I have been looking at the similarities of some of the various 'hawkens' out there and many things look interchangeable.

Would be nice to have a list of what can be used with what...

For instance can the Springfield and T/C Hawkens use each others barrels/stocks?

That would lead me to believe that if the Charles Daly is marked "Made in Italy" I'd assume that it was made by Investarms.

Now if it is marked "Made in Spain", who would be the likely maker and your thoughts on the quality?

If made in spain it would have been Ardesa (spelling) and equal to traditions or cva. :idunno:

Back