• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chargers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackley

40 Cal.
Reaction score
On another forum they had a thread about powder and shot chargers. They are cool little containers to carry your shot and powder in to reload your shot gun in the field. Well looking at the price of ,them and the complicated way they were made I decided to make some not so complicated. I had made powder containers for hunting out of brass tubing years ago. So I decided to just make them double ended. Then I also had some river cane around so I thought I could use some of that too.
The top one is double ended brass tubing with a divider in the middle to keep the shot and powder separated. The ones at an angle are the powder containers I made years ago. The cane ones were made the other day have a natural divider and I used corks at each end.
GEDC0385.JPG

On another forum they had a thread about powder and shot chargers. They are cool little containers to carry your shot and powder in to reload your shot gun in the field. Well looking at the price of ,them and the complicated way they were made I decided to make some not so complicated. I had made powder containers for hunting out of brass tubing years ago. So I decided to just make them double ended. Then I also had some river cane around so I thought I could use some of that too.
The top one is double ended brass tubing with a divider in the middle to keep the shot and powder separated. The ones at an angle are the powder containers I made years ago. The cane ones were made the other day have a natural divider and I used corks at each end.
View attachment 46767

Excellent use of the mind! I like the way you think my friend.

Respectfully, Cowboy

River cane works great, that's for sure. It doesn't grow up here so I just make the from little sections of pvc pipe with cork stoppers.

I've used empty 45/70 cases with a cork. Not PC/HC but handy when hunting etc. They seem to hold about 80 grains and still have room for a small cork.

Finally got the other chargers made. Now if I load at the truck and have these 4 brass chargers and 2 cane ones loaded. I will have 8 shots. Then I found one of those antique tins in the junk I have, put a divider in it for wads so now I will have 8 shots which should get me my limit of pheasants. And I can carry it all in a coat pocket.
Just to make some of you feel better we got 15" of snow last night.
GEDC0386.JPG

Last edited:
Mine is simply a powder charger. I have to justify the wood turning lathe somehow. Got rid of some of that scrap wood from cutting down my red bud tree.

The rifle seemed to like 75 grains of 2fg, so that is what I turned up.

IMG_2593.JPG
IMG_2594.JPG

Back