• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Change of name Cutfinger to DuncNZ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncNZ

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi I have posted this here because there isn't a lot of need for members changing their name . I have changed from Cutfinger to DuncNZ .Why? Well there is a Cutfingers on this forum who was here before me, which caused some confusion .
I called myself Cutfinger on the old MLML list and I thought to keep up the name I had previously used .
Cutfinger because I had just finished dressing out four deer we had shot on the first day of a 2 week fly in trip into the middle of nowhere and was washing my knife in the creek when I slipped and cut my left index finger quite badly . I got the 1st aid kit from the hut ( cabin) and realised the wound had to be stitched . My mates refused to help and the plane wasn't due back for 14 days , so I stitched the wound up my self with a needle and thread from a sewing kit (Housemaid) . Ever since my mates called me Cutfinger . I now carry a wound stapler and super glue . :) so now I am DuncNZ ie: Dunc from New Zealand .

We have something in common. My Delaware friend wrote down my Indian name, which means "One Thumb bleeding"...., as I normally slice up one of my two thumbs at an event. I will have to find where I put that wording. He calls me "one thumb" for short.

OH and the lads, even from other reenacting units, know to come to me with finger injuries at events, as I'm pretty experienced and handy at finger/thumb repair. No needle & thread, nor super glue... but I do carry super glue and a suture kit.

LD

thank GOD for SUPER GLUE. we used it a lot in VIET NAM ,to close wounds!

Back