Change ID please

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have changed your member name. Be sure to use this new name when you are logging in.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If someone wants to change their ID, Is there a way to check if that ID is already in use?
Do a search and use that name, or just tell me what you'd like to use and I'll let you know if it's already taken.

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If someone wants to change their ID, Is there a way to check if that ID is already in use?
We do have a MEMBERS listing at the top of the forum page but it is, in my opinion, pretty much worthless.
If you place your cursor over the little down symbol in the window that opens select "Registered Members".
That will open a page that shows the members names.

The only way to see if a members name exists is to go down to the bottom of the page where the pages of names exists starting with page 1 going to page 6, then there's an arrow followed by page 859.

To see pages larger than 6 and smaller than 859, click on that arrow. That will move the page numbers available to 7 thru 11.
Keep on clicking until you get to some place that could be close to what you want and then open one of the pages. If it isn't what you want, keep on clicking on the arrow to get new page selections. After you have clicked on a forward arrow, the option of clicking on a "back" arrow exists so if you go too far, you can click back to previously shown pages.

As you can see, it is pretty much impossible to find a name unless you have days or months to spend clicking on the arrows to show all 859 pages, stopping every so often to see what one of the available pages shows.

Sorry, but that's the only thing we have with the forum software that runs the forum. :(

Actually, we're lucky to have that. The people who programmed the XenForo software that the forum runs on recommend that large forums like ours shouldn't give its members the option of seeing the entire member name listing. They say it slows the computer down.
It's only because of Angie that we have what we have to offer.

Last edited:

yellowlab

32 Cal.
Reaction score
After clicking through 700+ pages. Someone beat me to it, its already been used.Thanks for the quick reply.

Konrad

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi, Sorry about my mistake. Could you change my name to "Konrad" ?
If that is already in use(I don't believe it is) then I would like "Marcus Konrad".
Thank You!!

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, Sorry about my mistake. Could you change my name to "Konrad" ?
If that is already in use(I don't believe it is) then I would like "Marcus Konrad".
Thank You!!
Apparently it was not already in use. Just remember to use it as your log in name, too.

Latest posts

Group Builder