• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers Late Ketland lock trigger pull

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSK

Smollett
Reaction score
I took my new rifle to the range yesterday fit with a Chambers Late Ketland lock. I noticed that the trigger pull was rather light; minimal pressure was needed to trip the lock in firing, but not hair-trigger light. In cleaning the rifle, I had the lock out of the gun and the hammer set to full cock. When I snapped the frizzen shut, that was enough to trip the hammer. Both half and full cock settings do sound nice with strong, audible clicks.

Is this normal? ok? If not, what steps should be done to correct it? I certainly don't want something unsafe.

Thanks as always, Smollett

That is not safe. Your sear engagement is worn. If you are careful to maintain the correct angle, it is possible to restore your sear engagement with a fine India or diamond stone. I had to do this on my L&R Late English and it has been fine for a long time now. Hope this helps.

Dont mess with it. Call Jim Chambers & i feel thel will repair it for free & very quickly.

Keith Lisle

Back