• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Chambers Jug Choke results

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently bought an Investarms 12GA "Gallyon" percussion shotgun that according to the proof marks was Mfg in 1978 but I truly believe had never been fired. I tested it in anticipation of turkey hunting and was unsatisfied with the pattern (cylinder bore) even at 25 yards. I sent it off to Jim Chambers and he Jug Choked it "Full" my pattern when tested on turkey head targets, before and after went from about 7 pellets in the head to 34 (averaged over a multitude of test patterns). I did try the Skychief method only once, prior to shipping off but had the wad hit paper and shot was really spread out. Jim did a great job. I will post results of further testing as I get it done.

I have a Jackie brown canoe gun with a short barrel,, do you think barrel length matters with the jug choke option? and I'm sure I can search but wondering your opinion when it comes to shooting patched ball out thru the jug choke?

From everything I've read, jug choking (except for turkey chokes) should not adversely effect shooting round ball, but, I would suspect some load twerking might be needed.

First of all, allow me to correct my post. I had the work done by Danny Caywood, not Jim Chambers as I originally stated. I apologize for that error.
The turn around time was 1 week plus shipping both ways.

My 12 ga barrel is jug choked by Danny. He does excellent work an if you will take the time to find what your barrel likes you will have a turkey killing machine.

Back