• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Central Cali Gun Club

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MerchantMatt

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Looking for a muzzle loading club in the California Central Valley near Fresno area. Don’t mind traveling a little east to the mountains or something. New member here and just getting back into place powder shooting after not being able to for a little while. Knew quite a few people in the NY area where I got into it, but no one out here in this part of Cali.

Welcome. I'm in Fresno. There's a club that meets at the Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club up Auberry Rd. You can reach out to Jim Minyard, the club president. His email is on their website: Smoking Thunder Muzzle Loaders

I don't shoot with them and I'm not a member. But they have a decent practice range & I believe that they have shoots ("competitions") once a month. It's a very small club. I don't know how much longer they'll be around. I don't think their range is open for members to use except for those once/month days. There are some very nice and helpful people there and one... Well... Not so much. For my part, he kinda ruined it for me. Can't say I have the time to fuss around with social clubs anyway.

Among the folks that I met and appreciate is Shanon Kirby, who has powder and supplies. He lives up in Prather so I like to swing by his house on the way up the hill to get stuff when I need it. PM me if you want his contact info. To my knowledge, he's the only supply of powder within a 50-mile radius of Fresno.

Latest posts

Back