• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Centermark smooth flintlock replacement?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
anyone happen to know of an available replacement lock that fits a centermark smoothie? seems parts unavailable now... thanks!

I have a Centermark and I'm left handed so he put a Siler lock on it.

Attachments

• CenterMarks Boss Bobbler.jpg
    CenterMarks Boss Bobbler.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 85
If it is a Davis lock that RC has on his Centermark Fusil, it would be worth the call to Davis to see if they have parts or if servicing of the lock is available.

What is the problem with your lock?

If it is a Davis lock that RC has on his Centermark Fusil, it would be worth the call to Davis to see if they have parts or if servicing of the lock is available.

What is the problem with your lock?
thank you.. not my lock friend jus bought a like new smoothie an trouble with frizzen sparking an breaking flints.. tried hardening with kasenite but still not right.. looking for spare parts or replacement lock..i'll have him ck with davis maybe track has pic thank you!

This is where the Track of the Wolf catalog (or at least the downloaded version). Look at the locks listed in the catalog. There should be one for your Centermark smooth bore. Print that catalog page out. It will be a full size image on the print out.

Here's the first 10 locks.
https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List...//www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/720/1
There's more in the catalog.
I rely miss the fact that they don't publish a catalogue in book form any more! it was a lot easier to look things up and compare when holding your weapon next to the page than a computer screen,

Well I just looked them up, they are in business but their French fusil lock is ‘on hold‘, but maybe they could give you a time line.

All those locks on Davis's website that say "on hold" were made of castings from Pete Allen. Pete's foundry has been shutdown for years now and uncertain if it will ever get back in production. I doubt anybody will have parts for the Davis French fusil lock.

All those locks on Davis's website that say "on hold" were made of castings from Pete Allen. Pete's foundry has been shutdown for years now and uncertain if it will ever get back in production. I doubt anybody will have parts for the Davis French fusil lock.
Contact Larry Zornes at Mold and Gun Shop (740) 286-3473 or Liza Kindig at Log Cabin Shop. There are spares for the Allen French Lock used on the Centermark guns. They will help him.

Thanks All! he ordered a lock from track that according to pics looks right we'll see when it gets here! Colonial by RE Davis thanks!!

FYI, Davis has plenty of lock parts for the Allen/Davis French lock. Mainspring supply is pretty much exhausted. A good supply of frizzens , internals, etc.
Just putting it out there.

not my lock friend jus bought a like new smoothie an trouble with frizzen sparking an breaking flints.. tried hardening with kasenite but still not right.. looking for spare parts or replacement lock.
If it isn't sparking well and it's breaking flints, and the frizzen has been properly hardened, it may be a problem with the springs not being correctly balanced. It might be something else entirely.

i would recommend contacting Brad Emig at Cabin Creek Muzzleloading. He advertises his services as "the Lock Doctor." I had an L&R Queen Anne lock on a Jackie Brown fowler and Pedersoli Charleville with the factory lock, both with the same problem you describe... Poor sparking and they would eat flints. I sent them to Brad and the difference was like night and day. Both are excellent locks now.

Notchy Bob

he bought a davis colonial lock, it was a lil bigger but the frizzen fit an it sparks real good! plains on using lock on gun he's building so it worked out well.. i asked about spring fits but no reply yet.. thankyou all another happy smoothie shooter..

Latest posts

Back