• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Center seam knife sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly recommend Wick's tutorial, This sheath was done with his method.
IMG_2508.JPG

I don't think it is your eyes. That is not a clear photo. I think it very possibly it is a butt stitch, but I cannot tell for sure either. I cannot make out the makers name on that one knife that shows it either. These apparently were taken at the museumfurvolkurunde. German?

I couldn't quite translate it completely as I'm soooo long from doing it, so I cheated and looked it up. "museumfurvolkurunde" means "museum of ethnology" in German, so you were right on track.

Gus

So would it be sacrilegious to add a belt loop to the back of one of the center seam sheaths? If you have done such a thing would you mind posting a picture?

So I was just thinking through the process of some kind of belt loop on the back….not sure it’s going to happen!! Unless you all have a great idea… I love the look of the center seam but am not sold on a knife just tied to my belt with leather straps…. Seems like it would flop a lot?
Aaron

If one was to fold the sheath back like Tall Pine did you could put two slits on the back of the flap and run a belt through?

The thong is best (in my opinion) In summer, you can run a belt such that the sheath is inside the belt and the thong holds it. In winter it is inconvenient to have a knife under a coat, etc so put on a longer thong and hang it from your neck.

Latest posts

Back