• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Centaur Centennial Arms 1960 New Army Picture thread .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Centaure Civilian 1st variation #C418 from mid 1960.
Typically this variant comes without a logo stamped on the forward left side of the frame.
Collectors call this model the Rolls Royce among the Centaures 'cause of the deep blue, silver plated TG & BS and varnished grip.
Cylinder is engraved with the Centaure proprietary naval scene.
Long Johns Wolf

Attachments

• 1-DSC_7916.jpg
    1-DSC_7916.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 1-DSC_7928.jpg
    1-DSC_7928.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 1-P1030013.JPG
    1-P1030013.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 65
Centaure Pocket Army 2nd variation #8 from 1962.
These handy little pieces had to be special ordered from the Belgian factory.
4" barrel of .44 cal., fluted cylinder, silver plated TG and BS, varnished grips.
No loading lever but a heavy duty brass loading rod came with the pistol.
Long Johns Wolf

Attachments

• 1-DSC_7946.jpg
    1-DSC_7946.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 2-DSC_7948.jpg
    2-DSC_7948.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 3-DSC_7949.jpg
    3-DSC_7949.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 59
Dads got one of these he bought new in the 60’s. It needs a new cylinder, pin hole in one chamber, and bolt over indexes. Any idea if aftermarket parts are available so we can shoot it safely?

none of my own 4 serial numbers are already in that XLS spreadsheet on the FROCS website, but there are enough other close numbers to mine such that I can get a good idea where mine fit into the database

Who was the *S maker and I have a number 674 One that was given to me by my grandfather that he acquired in the 60s. Does anyone know exactly when that was made and who certified it exactly ?

Does anyone know who the *S certified was and when was mine made ? My serial number is 674 and its in mint condition, not to mention I have the original box which is gold.lettering with a black box

S (sideways) under * was Charles Deanen.
Deanen was an inspector at the Liège proof house between 1952 and 1968.
Long Johns Wolf

I picked up #4327 this afternoon. I've taken it apart and put it back together already for examination. It is almost pristine. There is a barely noticeable drag line on the cylinder, and a couple of dings on the grips, which are very dark, but not dirty or worn. Internally it is perfect. I doubt it has ever been fired.

52724599835_c134bcc98f_h.jpg

52724667158_a4afe2e7cc_h.jpg

52724599815_35c7f65f4b_h.jpg

52724446279_daa6eeddb4_h.jpg

Any info/thoughts on it would be appreciated.

Oh, and as a note of interest, the Centaure logo on the frame has been double struck.

A good looking iron. I think it would be safe to say that most of them, the CW replica arms have never been fired. Not even once. Dry fired yes, but not actual powder and ball.
In my experience the process itself- acquiring, measuring, handling, storing, shooting, cleaning black powder is simply intimidating to most folks, even most shooters who I've known. Now obviously this wouldn't apply to anyone here but you probably know someone this describes.
Like most here I've always been fascinated by the process, the ritual of black powder being part of the fun. But many are intimidated, they buy replica CW arms for various reasons, even promising themselves that they'll 'shoot 'er one day.' But it often never happens, hence the minty condition of many a C&B revolver. over many years. Good news for the rest of us. Congratulations on yours, nice looking case color on the frame.

Electric Miner & campfire: #4327 would be 1965 production, Ormsby style cylinder engraving applied at US distributor Centennial Arms, Corp. of Lincolnwood.
She is a Regular New Model Army (RNMA) 3rd variation/2nd sub-variation.
This variant was regularly available in the USA and Canada during the 1960s and early 1970s, but not in Europe.
Looks top, great find, you are to be congratulated.
I would expect 7 rifling grooves in the bore, the barrel marking "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY" CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK, stamped CENTENNIAL between the cylinder scene's ends and breech side of cylinder marked #4327.
The 12th Annual meeting of the Centaure collectors & shooters aka FROCS - FRiends Of the Centaure Society is scheduled to take place from July 28 through 30, 2023 in Hofheim/Germany, right in the heart of Germany or 15 minutes by car north from Frankfurt Int'l Airport.
Long Johns Wolf

Back