• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cedar Borers.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! I forgot too mention the pic with all the piles of dust…
That has been done since Memorial Day weekend!
So they are busy little devils!!

8E8B98A0-44EF-4FCF-8E7B-27C0E9CA73CF.jpeg

The poles are stored in a 22’ cargo trailer….. Thats at least 130f under the mid day sun…. So I’m not sure heat will kill them….🥴

Well Guys I finally got around too working on the tent poles… 👍

The one pictured on the left will become kindling… lol
29FF5FDF-D018-476F-8C67-4078683A3DD4.jpeg

Just too much damage done already…

The other one that had borer damage , I pealed the bark off mostly by using a hand wire brush then a screwdriver.
Then I torched away any remaining fibers away and sprayed with Permethrin…
Kinda a science project…too see if it works.👍

B5AC4BCE-0971-4FDD-94BC-FB9637E7F023.jpeg

I’m putting it back in my trailer and we will see if the bugs do anymore damage too it..
3 weeks was all it took the last time for the piles of dust too appear..

I have a camp coming up over Labor Day weekend…. So it’s time too make things ready!

FYI…
It’s better too remove the bark when they are first cut as mentioned before it peels easier when it’s green..

If you have poles with the bark dried on them, I found leaving them out in the rain softens the bark somewhat making it a little easier too strip.
A straight screwdriver worked fairly well…

47D10B5C-9F11-4A9C-9EB6-CA9C2454B918.jpeg

Latest posts

Back