• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CCI Magnum #11 Caps Back in Stock at Cabelas/Bass Pro

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magnums are what I always used in the past until they were obsolete when Obama became potus and the hordfest began. I have been using regular CCI #11's and they work great. I burn 5-6 tins a year at matches, hopefully CCI and Remington crank up production.

I asked a kid in Bass Pro, that worked the gun counter, if they had percussion caps. His reply: “what are those? Like fireworks?”

I said never mind and left. That is exactly what I expect every time I walk in and again walk out regretting my decision making ability or memory… I can’t decide.

I asked a kid in Bass Pro, that worked the gun counter, if they had percussion caps. His reply: “what are those? Like fireworks?”

I said never mind and left. That is exactly what I expect every time I walk in and again walk out regretting my decision making ability or memory… I can’t decide.
Same thing happened to me with the young kid who was the manager of Walmart. He had no clue as to what blackpowder was, let alone a percussion cap.
Today's generation has no clue 😡

This morning I found CCI #11 caps at my local Wallyworld, after stopping in about every two weeks and being told that they were a seasonal item. Well, evidently the season finally came and there they were for $5.32 a tin of 100, so I bought all six tins that were out on the display rack. I also bought one 8 oz. jar of Blackhorn powder. I had never tried any of it yet. The shelf tag said $36.86, so I said to myself OK, I may not ever find it cheaper, so off to the register I went. The caps rang up right at $5.32 each, but the Blackhorn powder rang up at $52.00. So, before I even had left the store, I had to go to customer service to see about a price adjustment/refund. The first lady I spoke to at CS said I needed to speak with a customer service manager, who eventually came over to resolve my problem. She scanned this and that, looked over my receipt and suggested that maybe the wrong tag was on the shelf (it plainly said Blackhorn Powder 8 oz. $36.86) or that maybe the powder was in the wrong place on the shelf above an incorrect tag for something else (now how can that be when the tag and the merchandise match up perfectly?). I assured her that neither was the case. She finally radioed someone in Sporting goods to check the merchandise and the shelf tag, and without telling me what she was told generated a refund by way of a gift card for $20.49 including tax, when it really should have been for $16.33. Isn't that precious?

This morning I found CCI #11 caps at my local Wallyworld, after stopping in about every two weeks and being told that they were a seasonal item. Well, evidently the season finally came and there they were for $5.32 a tin of 100, so I bought all six tins that were out on the display rack. I also bought one 8 oz. jar of Blackhorn powder. I had never tried any of it yet. The shelf tag said $36.86, so I said to myself OK, I may not ever find it cheaper, so off to the register I went. The caps rang up right at $5.32 each, but the Blackhorn powder rang up at $52.00. So, before I even had left the store, I had to go to customer service to see about a price adjustment/refund. The first lady I spoke to at CS said I needed to speak with a customer service manager, who eventually came over to resolve my problem. She scanned this and that, looked over my receipt and suggested that maybe the wrong tag was on the shelf (it plainly said Blackhorn Powder 8 oz. $36.86) or that maybe the powder was in the wrong place on the shelf above an incorrect tag for something else (now how can that be when the tag and the merchandise match up perfectly?). I assured her that neither was the case. She finally radioed someone in Sporting goods to check the merchandise and the shelf tag, and without telling me what she was told generated a refund by way of a gift card for $20.49 including tax, when it really should have been for $16.33. Isn't that precious?
You got the deal of the day ! Hodgdon raised the price and lowered the amount for 2022. Used to be $37 for 10 oz. , now it's $53 for 8 oz.

.Walmart is terrible for not updated tags, good on you for making them pay. I bought a box of 12 gages shells marked $9.97 and rang up for $10.47 . I pointed it out and kid said I have to wait for a manager, I was in a hurry and $.50 wasn't worth my time.

Cabelas/Bass Pro have the CCI #11 Caps, ship to store and you avoid shipping as well as the hazmat fee. $13.99 per 100 or $119.99 per 1,000.
CCI Magnum #11 Caps
Thanks Richard. I normally buy them from Basspro/Cabelas but they are perpetually out of stock. I’ve received emails from them saying stock has been replenished but still shows out of stock and can’t be ordered on line. So I’m still looking.

I've been waiting for 1000 ship to store for about a month now, no word on if they will really show up. Just the standard #11, not the magnums.

Yes, I know the price is horrible, but after you figure in hazmat shipping to home, about the same as other places.

I've been waiting for 1000 ship to store for about a month now, no word on if they will really show up. Just the standard #11, not the magnums.

Yes, I know the price is horrible, but after you figure in hazmat shipping to home, about the same as other places.
Just FYI, Cabela is now adding a $20 charge (hazmat fee) for delivery of caps to the store for pickup.

Back