• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CCI # 11 Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I couldn't get any regular #11's, so bought 10 cans of CCI Magnum #11 - work just fine. And started making regular #11's with both aluminum cans and .005 brass sheet. The latter are a bit harder to punch out, but work fantastic.
Take a butane torch and heat the brass before punching out the discs…annealed brass is much easier to work with…

For anyone in upstate South Carolina Walmart in Easley SC has 10 tins of #11 Percussion caps as of last night, Anderson SC Walmart also had some however I am not sure how many. Pickens SC had 10 but I bought those today If you bring the bar code that was posted on here to a Walmart store, a Walmart person can look it up and tell you what stores have a supply. From what I can tell it is only Walmart stores who still sell guns and ammo. I hope this helps someone. $5.36 each was the price

For anyone in upstate South Carolina Walmart in Easley SC has 10 tins of #11 Percussion caps as of last night, Anderson SC Walmart also had some however I am not sure how many. Pickens SC had 10 but I bought those today If you bring the bar code that was posted on here to a Walmart store, a Walmart person can look it up and tell you what stores have a supply. From what I can tell it is only Walmart stores who still sell guns and ammo. I hope this helps someone. $5.36 each was the price
Yep...that is exactly what I do.....and...found plenty of caps in recent weeks. Barcode on the phone & have them look up the inventory in other stores. Go immediately to that store & buy the caps. Easy peasy.

My local Wally world didn’t have any. Glad I bought from Midway two years ago, the last time they were scarce.
Sold three tins at a gunshow this spring then bought an ROA same show. Go figure!
I’ve shopped Walmarts and Bass pro within 50 miles of Savannah, Ga., no percussion caps. Checked my stock and glad I bought plenty when shooting shortages of all types started showing.

Ok Ill bite Ive seen quite a few videos on this and I havent seen one where there is a 100 percent ignition on caps made with roll caps without doubling them up or using a few granules of BP to help them along. Do you have a receipt that is any better or maybe some links as to what you are using for roll caps ect.
You are correct I dont beleive 100% is possible with makeshift caps. But its better than depending on empty shelves I listed a post on the forum in the past where I got my supplies. But I can attest, I have had ! 100% succes in the forst batch of 20 I made, w/o adding BP. Just the toy cap ribbon

Doubters are quick to point out any percieved problems, usually from those points that they heard from somewher else, espceially those that havent tried it themselves. The time to try out expedient methods are BEFORE you dont have what you need: When did Noah build the Ark? BEFORE it started to rain

Trying to help others is why I relate my own true and hands on experience. I do my best to not depend on outside sources because they wont be there when needed, especially when they are barely here NOW

You are correct I dont beleive 100% is possible with makeshift caps. But its better than depending on empty shelves I listed a post on the forum in the past where I got my supplies. But I can attest, I have had ! 100% succes in the forst batch of 20 I made, w/o adding BP. Just the toy cap ribbon

Doubters are quick to point out any percieved problems, usually from those points that they heard from somewher else, espceially those that havent tried it themselves. The time to try out expedient methods are BEFORE you dont have what you need: When did Noah build the Ark? BEFORE it started to rain

Trying to help others is why I relate my own true and hands on experience. I do my best to not depend on outside sources because they wont be there when needed, especially when they are barely here NOW
In years past I have seen 22 and reloading supply shortages. So I have accumulated caps and other supplies and after going through such shortages so I am prepared for times like this. I dont see empty shelves 100% of the time. So when I find some I buy what Im allowed or can and add them to my supply. That being said. I have no doubt it can be done and no I havent tried it yet but that doesnt mean I wont try it. Right now the caps that I have heard people are using are in short supply just like CCI #11 caps are. I was sent a link for caps but was told they hadn't ordered from this supplier. I checked the validity of the supplier and came up with a good chance they are a scam.

In years past I have seen 22 and reloading supply shortages. So I have accumulated caps and other supplies and after going through such shortages so I am prepared for times like this. I dont see empty shelves 100% of the time. So when I find some I buy what Im allowed or can and add them to my supply. That being said. I have no doubt it can be done and no I havent tried it yet but that doesnt mean I wont try it. Right now the caps that I have heard people are using are in short supply just like CCI #11 caps are. I was sent a link for caps but was told they hadn't ordered from this supplier. I checked the validity of the supplier and came up with a good chance they are a scam.
Man Nothing worse than a scammer working items that are scarce

I laugh every time I see one of these responses about "Hoarding", like you or someone a 1,000 miles away are going to be effected by someone buying a thousand caps or 10 lbs of powder. Tell me how someone in Mississippi or Alabama buying every cap in stock at their local Walmart is going to affect somebody in Podunk, Iowa? If you want to complain about hoarding, go talk to a Mormon.
'Hoarding' is a term used by the far Left and Communists to sow division. It has worked its way into our vocabulary and thinking even when you're not a member of those groups.

'Hoarding' is a term used by the far Left and Communists to sow division. It has worked its way into our vocabulary and thinking even when you're not a member of those groups.
Interesting. A good friend of mine has bought a few of the communists favored unmentionables after seeing one I brought back from the late unpleasantness. He then picked up a case or two of 7.62x39 at least two and maybe three times from gun shows back in the 70’s. Apparently those commies infiltrated and infected his thinking. He was hoarding before hoarding was cool.

Here's how to spot the scam:

Vaguely appropriate company name.

And the " Hi we're online and can help" pop up box

View attachment 151140

The biggest tell, is that the item you want is in stock, and priced normally at pre Brandon levels. (While big mainstream established companies supply is spotty, and rationed.)

Next, if your payment choices don't include a credit card option, it's a scam.

View attachment 151145View attachment 151146

I've even seen this format selling taxidermy items.

So remember;

In stock
Buy as much you want
Normal prices
Unprotected payment options
Never heard of them

It's a scam.
Good post. Also no hazemat fee is charged.

When supplies were plentiful no one cared about "hoarding" etc. It is only because of shortages that people get upset. The reality of human nature is what really upsets them, that push comes to shove, all the talk is just talk, and people revert to taking care of #1 and could careless about anyone else. All their good "values" disappear in a NY min. As far as Far Left & Communists, LOL I mean, really?

When supplies were plentiful no one cared about "hoarding" etc. It is only because of shortages that people get upset. The reality of human nature is what really upsets them, that push comes to shove, all the talk is just talk, and people revert to taking care of #1 and could careless about anyone else. All their good "values" disappear in a NY min. As far as Far Left & Communists, LOL I mean, really?
Is there a difference between hoarding and buying in quantity to spread the cost of hazmat? If not i have been hoarding since my gun buying beginnings.

Latest posts

Back