• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CCI # 11 Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email from CCI bragging about some new 22 caliber rim fire ammo. Within the email you could search other products and below percussion caps was “check with your local supplier”. I accessed their contact us form and inquired where are #10 and#11 percussion caps. BP shooters are looking for them. Would ask all members of this forum to access and flood their website with the same question.

In "Muzzle Blast" magazine, it was stated that CCI did not anticipate production of caps until 2025, and RWS does not plan to export caps to the U.S. in the near future. It looks to be quite a dry spell, and those places that have caps will be charging outrageous prices. Making your own caps may be the best way to go, or switch to a rock lock.

Tried the Brickseek link, and all my local Walmarts are out of stock. Sigh..
I have found that is not always accurate. If an employee doesn't update the information, it can be incorrect. Have seen where items were marked "out of stock" when in stock and vice versa . Best way is to check and have friends and family outside your area check for you.

I just checked ammoseek, and none of their verified retailers have listed percussion caps, but I've seen caps listed in times past. The way it works is, online retailers have to link their online inventory update program with ammoseek, and ammoseek's system updates every 5 minutes. I have used ammoseek several times over the past several years and it works. Last time I was successful was a serch for some specialty ammo and an outfit in Las Vegas, NV, was the only ones who had it in stock.

Just click on "Reloading" then click on "Primers", might want to click on "Miscellaneous" if you don't find and listed under primers.

Ammoseek

I just checked ammoseek, and none of their verified retailers have listed percussion caps, but I've seen caps listed in times past. The way it works is, online retailers have to link their online inventory update program with ammoseek, and ammoseek's system updates every 5 minutes. I have used ammoseek several times over the past several years and it works. Last time I was successful was a serch for some specialty ammo and an outfit in Las Vegas, NV, was the only ones who had it in stock.

Just click on "Reloading" then click on "Primers", might want to click on "Miscellaneous" if you don't find and listed under primers.

Ammoseek
Thank you. I have found them online but you can only buy a minimum of 1000( 10 cases ) and you have a $ 200 minimum purchase for them to ship you anything to you.

Found some at my local walmart last year around mid August.

The Lawton Walmart receives the muzzleloading stuff around mid August. They put out #11 caps and shotgun primers weekly. Watched a guy last year grab all ten of the CCI primer tins.

I was in Walmart yesterday but didn't go looking for caps, I was afraid I would find some and buy them. I don't shoot percussion much and have found caps in Academy several times as well as Walmart, I have at least 500 already which will be a lifetime supply for me, I knew if I saw them, I would be tempted to buy so I stayed away.

Well, my Sebring Florida Walmart is out… now I know where they are located, I will be checking when I go in there..

Hopefully they continue to stock them, it would be a bummer if it was a one time thing.

Hopefully they continue to stock them, it would be a bummer if it was a one time thing.
Unfortunately it usually is a one time shipment and when they are gone that's it til next year. It's considered a "seasonal" item.

Back