• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CCI #11 Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone who actually knows if CCI is actually building percussion caps currently ...all I have seen from CCI are scalpers on Gbroker ..and what primers I have found are the 1075+ DWS German stuff ..

I hear of a few small shops that pop up with CCI's occasionally but I honestly chalk that up to old or over stock carried into this hard spot

But none I have seen in the places like Grafs,Powder valley and Inc, Natchez, Midsouth and using Wallyworld's search nothing for 100+ miles radious

It's start'in to crimp my shooting ...I've got a serious quantity of the unmentionable primers ..I just may have to find someone with too many #11's and not enough of the unmentionable kind

Bear

I bought 55 tins of CCI's for $5.00 a tin several months ago.
For those that will accuse me of hoarding...I left 20 tins for others.
Pawn shops are the place to look.
What a great find!
I’m down to my last partial tin of CCI’s. I shot some Remington #11s at the range last weekend. They seem pretty weak, I don’t care for them, but I have a few hundred. A few of the Remington caps didn’t have priming compound in them 👎🏼

Does anyone know anyone who actually knows if CCI is actually building percussion caps currently ...all I have seen from CCI are scalpers on Gbroker ..and what primers I have found are the 1075+ DWS German stuff ..

I hear of a few small shops that pop up with CCI's occasionally but I honestly chalk that up to old or over stock carried into this hard spot

But none I have seen in the places like Grafs,Powder valley and Inc, Natchez, Midsouth and using Wallyworld's search nothing for 100+ miles radious

It's start'in to crimp my shooting ...I've got a serious quantity of the unmentionable primers ..I just may have to find someone with too many #11's and not enough of the unmentionable kind

Bear
don't know what is going on.i have searched all over the net looking for # 10's with no luck.a few years ago i had the same problem and found out that the plastic cap made for a child's cap gun was a perfect fit except you spent more time digging the plastic part out of the nipple than loading the thing.well i can not even find them anymore.any ideas ?? thks. Ron.

I've been to two Wal-Mart stores and inquired about #11 percussion caps and was told by each department head that they were sold out and no more were going to be ordered. I find that rather odd because the hunting season hasn't begun here and they have no interest in replenishing their stock yet they have guns to sell but no means to fire them. It just seems to get crazier and crazier.

I think.we are seeing a political game in the modern vs traditional world. Everyone seems to have 209 or #10 in stock, modern BP is pushing on our hobby as people grab whatever they could...last years panic.

I ordered 500 #11 from Dixie at $30 per because of the aforementioned issues plus HAZMAT fee. 3-weeks later Academy had a full rack at normal prices. Even Wally world is sold out due to folks buying all in one swoop aka hoarding. Both in Arkansas.

Back