• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Caywood Wilson Trade Gun 20 guage smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aprayinbear

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Selling my beautiful Caywood Wilson Trade Gun 20 guage smoothbore. I built this gun 10+ years ago and only fired on rare occasions. Less then 100 rounds fired. Always cleaned and protected when in storage. With its 41" barrel this gun is surprisingly light (around 7 pounds) and points perfectly. For shot or round ball. Originally finished barrel and lock with a very light blue which gives a slight darkening to appear as an aged firearm "in the white". Very nice stock with only slight figure, but always draws a crowd at the range. The lock is the best I have ever fired. Sparks fly every time I pull the trigger. Trigger is smooth and crisp. Fast and reliable ignition. Bore is in great shape and always well cared for. Brass furniture has been allowed to age, offering a warm patina.

Well suited to pre French & Indian War re-enactors, or to anyone looking for a quality, historically correct smoothbore . These kits are now almost $1400 dollars new IMG_2262.JPG IMG_2263.JPG IMG_2260.JPG IMG_2270.JPG. I am offering my gun for $800 shipped in conus.

This just what I have been looking for to hunt Merriam's Turkey in Colorado. Season opens April 11! Will also shoot in smoothbore class at NMLRA and Colorado State ML Assn events

I will meet your asking price. What form of payment do you prefer. I can get money order, postal money order, or cashier's check from my credit union.

Regards,

Personal information removed. Those interested should send stewart. leach a private message using the forums "Conversation" method.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Stewart,
Whichever payment you prefer is fine with me. I will send asap once I receive. Glad my gun is finding a good home! I'll mark as sold pending payment.

Dear Stewart,
Whichever payment you prefer is fine with me. I will send asap once I receive. Glad my gun is finding a good home! I'll mark as sold pending payment.

Glad our timing was so good. Please send your US Mail address to my email address. I will get good funds in the next day or so.

SAL

@Zonie maybe you should add something to the top of the classified sections with the rest of the guidelines about NOT posting one's address and phone number in the open replies on the forum, put them in a private message.

Your suggestion is based on good logic but, I hesitate to forbid posting personal information in someones reply.

I may add some advice to the Classified ad Guidelines but it won't be in the form of a mandatory rule.

Your suggestion is based on good logic but, I hesitate to forbid posting personal information in someones reply.

I may add some advice to the Classified ad Guidelines but it won't be in the form of a mandatory rule.

That is pretty much what I meant. It should be posted in an easy to see manner at the top of each classified section, not forbidding but strongly suggesting.
There is already another post in another classified section with someone's phone number sitting there for all the world to spam.

Well, we're messing up aprayinbear's advertisement by discussing it here but I added the suggestion to the "Classified Guidelines" at the top of each classified section.

Now, can we get back to selling this ultra-nice Trade gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back