• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Caywood Gunmakers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I must say a big Thank You to Danny Caywood of Caywood Gunmalers. I have one of his trade smoothbores that the frizzen screw snapped off. I called on Saturday thinking I would leave a voice mail. To my surprise the call was answered and I explained what happened. He said hew would send a replacement screw. I asked him what I owed. He said nothing and would just send one out. I received them today. My Complements to Danny. Thanks for the great service. Ike

I had the same experience with a Caywwod Chief's Gun, and the same experience with Danny Caywood very promptly sending a replacement screw.

Getting the stub of the broken screw out proved to be a bit of a challenge. Wound up using the Dremel and cutting disk to cut across the inside of the screw boss on the lock plate to create a slot for fine jeweler's screwdriver.

All in all, a lesson on why gun makers of long ago went to supporting both ends of the frizzen screw.

Back