• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cat Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Jas.

58 Cal.
Reaction score
After several months of dealing with some health issues, I am finally able to get back in the groove. This combo is heading to a customer in Texas who wanted a bag, horn and knife set-up represented in a painting of Stephen F. Austin, the "Father of Texas". The customer researched the original painting and found it to be made from a woodcut done in 1824. Note the antler handled knife sheathed on the bag strap. In lieu of a jaguar, the customer sent me one of his bobcat hides to construct this double bag. The horn was made by Billy Griner and the knife was made by Chad Matthews. Since the customer wears his bag on the left, I reversed the painting : )

Great looking and rare as well as HC.
I have to say when I saw the name of your thread on the menu my first thought was hard core military reinactor. I though of the baize bag for a cat o nine tails. Not something we normally cover in a living history event.

Wow, really fine work on that bag! The whole kit is excellent as well. A neat HC set for a proud son of the Republic of Texas!

Thank you gentlemen!. The set came out very well in my opinion. Kept the aire of the painting but allowed individuality of the makers.

Back