• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Casting moulds -- All out of stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a roundball mould. I'd like to get one that is for 0.485" but I'd settle for 0.480 at this point. Can't seem to find any in-stock anywhere. Is this a seasonal thing or just one more symptom of supply disruptions?

I've never heard of molds being in short supply until the chinese virus came. Another reason for shortages is the Biden anti gun agenda. Folks are scared and want to keep shooting if gun control somehow gets passed.

Manufacturers will only make/sell items that turn investors' money over rapidly. We are part of a shrinking market as M/L's transition from historic to an "alternative" hunting method. Demand for a product determines what's made, sales are the factor, period.

It's not the pandemic nor politicians in the long nor short run, it's us not buying something that determines what's produced in the future. The term "oddball" fits lack of choices in bullet molds perfectly. Odd sizes don't sell. Stale stock ties up funds.

While it's good news for custom mold makers, it's bad news for shooters.

Read on a couple online vendors that Lee will have some available around December.
Have to wait and see.

I just checked the Gun Works, it appears they DO have molds in the popular sizes.

Back a year or so ago I had a hankering for a GM drop barrel in for my TC, it appeared they were about as available as trail cam picture of Bigfoot riding a unicorn. Then I checked the Gun Works, they had them. They were pricy but when you want one you want one, I now have one. I posted this info and am sure there was a run on these barrels because they sold out. I just checked and it appears they have these barrels back in stock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back